DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Latches

TR Ganey

Reactions
My #1 Battery (of 3) doesn't latch very well on the right side (looking from the back toward the front). I have looked at it and it seems as though the latch it's self does not sit as far out as the latches on the rest of the batteries. I took a small technical screw driver and gently pried out on it but it did help. Can we take the battery apart and look on the inside and determine what is keeping it from being like all the others? I just bought the drone and batteries at the end of November so I hate to trash a battery that new. On the other hand I don't want to trash my drone over the cost of a battery.

Reactions: mereflyer
Can we take the battery apart and look on the inside and determine what is keeping it from being like all the others?
You could, but it'll void the warranty. DJI will likely replace it for free if you contact DJI Support.

If the battery is still under warranty, I would send it back to DJI. I have had no success in opening up Mavic batteries...

My #1 Battery (of 3) doesn't latch very well on the right side (looking from the back toward the front). I have looked at it and it seems as though the latch it's self does not sit as far out as the latches on the rest of the batteries. I took a small technical screw driver and gently pried out on it but it did help. Can we take the battery apart and look on the inside and determine what is keeping it from being like all the others? I just bought the drone and batteries at the end of November so I hate to trash a battery that new. On the other hand I don't want to trash my drone over the cost of a battery.

Thanks guys!

I will wait until after the class at the end of next month then send it in. Between now and then I'll order me a couple more batteries so I won't be short while I wait on a replacement.

The only reason I checked it was because of reading on this forum that sometimes the cause of mid flight crashes was the battery becoming dislodged/disconnected. I put each one of my batteries in the drone and listened (as instructed) for the click of each latch and then gently pulled on the battery to make sure it was secure. Battery's #2 & #3 made a very distinct click on each side when installed but battery #1 only made one click. When I pulled on the batteries #1 would come loose on the right side. I will try not to fly that battery until it is replaced.

It's good you were aware of the problem. When they only latch on one side, they give the appearance of being latched in, but, as you said, can lose contact midflight.

Thanks guys!

I will wait until after the class at the end of next month then send it in. Between now and then I'll order me a couple more batteries so I won't be short while I wait on a replacement.

The only reason I checked it was because of reading on this forum that sometimes the cause of mid flight crashes was the battery becoming dislodged/disconnected. I put each one of my batteries in the drone and listened (as instructed) for the click of each latch and then gently pulled on the battery to make sure it was secure. Battery's #2 & #3 made a very distinct click on each side when installed but battery #1 only made one click. When I pulled on the batteries #1 would come loose on the right side. I will try not to fly that battery until it is replaced.

Last edited:
I will wait until after the class at the end of next month then send it in
Just don't wait too long. The DJI warranty only covers batteries for 6 months.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChickenOverload