DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery mod, What am i doing wrong?

Yousuf110

Reactions
Hello guys,

I have done the battery mod, hardwired from the internals to outside via XT60.

I have used 2x 3000 Multi star LIHV as recommended in the battery mods thread.

But, even using 2x 3000 with the stock battery, i only get 28 minutes before battery drops down to 5%...

Am i doing something wrong here?

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

More than likely, you did nothing wrong; as evidenced by your AC powered up and flew without any "errors"...
But It's simple: You added more battery capacity, with 2 batteries.
Now you would think you would get m,ore flight time with increased battery capacity.
But you also have to take into account AC weight/payload with the extra batteries.
So you are burning up your "extra battery capacity" carrying the heavier "payload"

Last edited:
More than likely, you did nothing wrong; as evidenced by your AC powered up and flew without any "errors"...
But It's simple: You added more battery capacity, with 2 batteries.
Now you would think you would get m,ore flight time with increased battery capacity.
But you also have to take into account AC weight/payload with the extra batteries.
So you are burning up your "extra battery capacity" carrying the heavier "payload"

I know what you mean about the extra weight.

But, the battery mod thread has people running 2x Multistars and they are getting 35 minutes at least of flight time...

I run 1x and get 28 minutes, and run 2x and get 28 minutes.

I dont know what i am doing wrong, i set it up exactly the way they show, i am not some noob who does not know electronics etc..

I guess i will just stick with the 1x for now.

should mod 2 stock battery it light not heavy get more fly time easy to charge no balance

should mod 2 stock battery it light not heavy get more fly time easy to charge no balance

If you go that route, you have to make sure that both batteries have the exact same level of charge. including individual cells.

I learned this from my heavy lift hex running 2 7500 batts.....

Hello guys,

I have done the battery mod, hardwired from the internals to outside via XT60.

I have used 2x 3000 Multi star LIHV as recommended in the battery mods thread.

But, even using 2x 3000 with the stock battery, i only get 28 minutes before battery drops down to 5%...

Am i doing something wrong here?

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Have you modified the battery parameters in Assistant? Are you expecting the battery percentage readings to reflect the extra batteries?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000