DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Not Lighting Up

RONNOCO1234

Reactions
Yesterday I landed my magic pro into a baby pool with about a inch of water but it landed upside down I got it in about 10 seconds of it landing, I brought it in and it was working fine and the battery was fine and dry, I plugged it in to charge overnight like i usually do and when i woke up the lights wouldn't turn on it or wouldn't charge

DJI batteries are pretty safe BUT I would NEVER charge them unattended and NEVER overnight!!! Even Batteries in good condition can cause a fire while charging Its just good practice to not leave them alone while charging.
Try inserting a battery that was not involved. Will the Drone turn on then? Finally DO NOT place that battery on a charger again. these batteries are NOT waterproof and you could very well have shorted it.

Reactions: tstr14
OP, don't feel bad. Unless you've read about the battery problems specific to drones (though the same problems plague everything else that uses these types of power sources from computers to autos) you obviously didn't realize the danger of charging them unattended. While the risk is probably very low, it nevertheless exists and should not be taken for granted.

On to the problem with the battery: Cafguy offers some good advice on trying another battery to rule out other causes, like the charger being bad. Because I am more curious and perhaps foolhardy, and because batteries are rather expensive, I would take the battery outside and let it set in the sun (I know that can be a problem in Ireland, but I have seen sun there before!) in an attempt to make sure the battery is dried out internally. Then I would try charging it, again while outside. If it happens to charge, you should still consider it suspect and keep it somewhere safe, just in case. Some (self included) use inexpensive military surplus metal ammo cans for this purpose. If the battery fails to charge, after ruling the charger is still functional, properly dispose of the battery and buy another. It's not worth risking a fire!

Reactions: Andy carley
I keep my batteries at 1/4 charge in a metal box, and in Li-Po Safe bags when not in use. And, as Gafguy mentioned, never charge batteries unattended. And, the risk is low, it does exist. But it only takes one time, and have very drastic results.
Some Pilots, may say your being overly cautious, but the ball is in your court, its everyone's choice as to what to do. Do you own research, and weigh out the risk.
Forgot to mention, I charge batteries in the metal box, with the lid closed.

A couple of years old but something to think about.

I doesn't happen, until it does.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

☮️

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoffreyBH