DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery On my IPhone 6 Plus drained after flight

ArcticFlightman

Reactions
I had my first flight with the Mavic last sunday, And after about 25 minutes flight i brought the bird down And just a few minutes later the phone was dead, no battery left. And it was fully charged before i started.
The temperature outside was about -1 degree celcius.
Is it normal for the battery to be drained so quickly?

I also when connecting the phone to the Mavic inside to update firmware And such that my phone was quite warm after the ordeal, which surprised my somewhat?

Any thoughts? Do i need to bring with me a powerbank? I think of when i will Get the other Teo batteries for the Mavic, can't have the phone die On my after only 26-29 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

If you have another device that can run with the mavic, use it to troubleshoot the issues you are experiencing. Try to replicate the conditions you have mentioned on the other device.

If you have another device that can run with the mavic, use it to troubleshoot the issues you are experiencing. Try to replicate the conditions you have mentioned on the other device.

I may be able to use an iPad mini, And see how it works. So i guess no one had the phone battery drain out so quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

This is a known issue with the iPhone 6+, mine also was draining fast, but not that fast. I turned off cache video and that helped a lot. I now fly with a iPad Air2 and it doesn't have that problem. I also hear the the iPad mini's don't share the issue.

same problem . i wonder since i purchased this at apple they would do anything about it.

This is a known issue with the iPhone 6+, mine also was draining fast, but not that fast. I turned off cache video and that helped a lot. I now fly with a iPad Air2 and it doesn't have that problem. I also hear the the iPad mini's don't share the issue.

How do you mount the iPad Air on the controller? Isn't it to large to fit the fixtures?

As a comparison I use 8% off a fully charged galaxy 7edge and 12% from ipad mini 2 per 25 minutes running 23 minutes flight time.

Reactions: Lenin

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661