Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Battery Problem or not??

Old Man Mike

Reaction score
Hi WDK

It would be interesting to see the graph of the Trend Deviations (under Equipment/Battery/Trends/Deviations). That may show if the battery was beginning to show any degradation before these two flights.

It looks like it could be something as simple as dirty connections to Cell 1. I assume you have done the maintenance service where the battery is charged to 100%, drained to 8% and then recharged. You might also try cleaning the battery socket terminals by lightly inserting a wooden toothpick dipped in 91% isopropyl alcohol.

Good Luck,
Mike

WDKZoom

Reaction score
Hi WDK

It would be interesting to see the graph of the Trend Deviations (under Equipment/Battery/Trends/Deviations). That may show if the battery was beginning to show any degradation before these two flights.

It looks like it could be something as simple as dirty connections to Cell 1. I assume you have done the maintenance service where the battery is charged to 100%, drained to 8% and then recharged. You might also try cleaning the battery socket terminals by lightly inserting a wooden toothpick dipped in 91% isopropyl alcohol.

Good Luck,
Mike
Thank you, I just learned of the 8% discharge this morning. I did that and saw that all the cells were reading 3.6% plus or minus a couple of 10ths. I then charged it back up to 50% as I won’t be flying for a week or so and that is when I will see if the deviation has changed. I showed the last two flights. I have 40 cycles on this battery and only the last 4 flights have shown a deviation which I have also reported to DJI.

I was more concerned about flying it as I am still a relatively new pilot of 5 months.

WDK