DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery removal from mini2 controller

chord8

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I was reading LIPo intelligent batteries do not lose their charge if left inside the drone.
Therefore when removed they will discharge to storage level
This is fine for the drone BUT how do you remove the battery from the controller so the same can happen..?

You can't....or rather you would have to dismantle the controller to do so.
Switch the controller on and connect an android phone, that needs charging, to it. Then fiddle with the sticks often enough to prevent the inactive timeout from switching it off. Switch the controller off once you have reached the desired level.

BTW there are two batteries in there they are in parallel.

Reactions: chord8
The controller batteries do not need discharging. They are not LiPo.
That assumption isn't correct... the batteries in the RC are actually Lilon but they should also be treated & stored in a similar way as LiPo's. The only thing that differ between them are the nominal (storage) voltage... 3,7V/cell for a Li-lon & 3,8V/cell for a ordinary (non high volt) LiPo.

You can't....or rather you would have to dismantle the controller to do so.
Switch the controller on and connect an android phone, that needs charging, to it. Then fiddle with the sticks often enough to prevent the inactive timeout from switching it off. Switch the controller off once you have reached the desired level.

BTW there are two batteries in there they are in parallel.
Thank you again Mr. Pud. Bit fiddly but I'll try it to preserve the battery

Thank you again Mr. Pud. Bit fiddly but I'll try it to preserve the battery
I WOULD NOT if I were you, for two reasons,
1) you WILL void any warranty that exists on the controller
2) there is a chance that disconnecting the batteries from the controller for a long period of may trigger any BMS (battery management system?) in the controller's main board, IF ANY, to switch off. If it does then the controller is a brick and there is likely to be very little you can do about it.

Pretty sure he was referring to the 2nd advice of leaving it powered until the desired level.

I was reading LIPo intelligent batteries do not lose their charge if left inside the drone.
Therefore when removed they will discharge to storage level
They will go to storage level whether in the drone or not.

2) there is a chance that disconnecting the batteries from the controller for a long period of may trigger any BMS (battery management system?) in the controller's main board, IF ANY, to switch off. If it does then the controller is a brick and there is likely to be very little you can do about it.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I was taking Mr. Pud's advice of connecting to a discharges Android 'phone and losing charge until correct level is reached

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
I was taking Mr. Pud's advice of connecting to a discharges Android 'phone and losing charge until correct level is reached

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Ah good, I probably jumped the gun a bit but better to warn you about something before you try it than warn after you have tried it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52