DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BATTERY REMOVAL

I don't think my pinch is that strong any more, as far as I can feel the way I do it requires no great force.
I know my method is not necessary for all the DJI Drones. But all the Mini Series have their batteries inserted like a Suppository and although it's not as "Unpleasant", it's not all that easy removing the battery. I've joked with my friends who have complained about this when I jokingly suggested they lube up their battery with K-Y Jelly to ease the insertion and removal…

• Haha
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
In searching threads I only found one related to battery removal, but no solution on easy removal from drone.
Has anyone come up with a reasonable answere?
My fingers hurt pushing the tab and trying to remove the battery at the same time.

HELP!!
Had to exchange battery for new one for that very reason battery was stuck in , needed screw driver to lever out.
Lucky me retailer very helpful.
If you are out of warrantee try reducing battery size using an emery board .

• Haha
Reactions: LoudThunder
If you are out of warrantee try reducing battery size using an emery board .
I would not advise that, if the battery has swollen so that it no longer fits, then it's time to replace it. The "stiffness" that I've mentioned in previous postings is strictly the "snugness" that DJI builds into the battery so that little door is not the only thing holding the battery in place.

I have never seen a drone catch fire in flight, but about 10-years ago, I was at the local R/C Aero Clubs flying my plane. One of the members had a really nice Electric Unit and it started to smoke in flight. Before he could get it down, it exploded in flight like it had been hit with a SAM. Since it was balsa construction, it never made it to the ground in one piece, but fell in flaming pieces that required a couple of fire extinguishers (from member's cars) to put out the brush fires. Even after it hit, the battery was still spitting fire...

I know batteries are especially expensive and if it still holds a good charge, I would be hard pressed to dump it too. But remind yourself that your drone is even more expensive...

I would not advise that, if the battery has swollen so that it no longer fits, then it's time to replace it. The "stiffness" that I've mentioned in previous postings is strictly the "snugness" that DJI builds into the battery so that little door is not the only thing holding the battery in place.

I have never seen a drone catch fire in flight, but about 10-years ago, I was at the local R/C Aero Clubs flying my plane. One of the members had a really nice Electric Unit and it started to smoke in flight. Before he could get it down, it exploded in flight like it had been hit with a SAM. Since it was balsa construction, it never made it to the ground in one piece, but fell in flaming pieces that required a couple of fire extinguishers (from member's cars) to put out the brush fires. Even after it hit, the battery was still spitting fire...

I know batteries are especially expensive and if it still holds a good charge, I would be hard pressed to dump it too. But remind yourself that your drone is even more expensive...
If you reread the thread carefully, you'll see that no one was suggesting trying to use a swollen battery by shaving it down, which is definitely a bad idea!

Two separate independent posts are being conflated. The new battery isn't swollen, according to the OP, in response someone else suggesting it might be. Then someone suggested to the OP that shaving a tiny bit off the new battery edges with an emery board might loosen it up, which is another reasonable suggestion, as the tightness of the clip and fit isn't due to swelling, but due to its design and perhaps slightly out of tolerance of other new batteries, as you also pointed out. It's deliberately a little stiff and snug. It loosens with use and skillful removal, but the tools make it a little easier from the beginning, and some might want to sand a few edges. All good.

no one was suggesting trying to use a swollen battery by shaving it down
I know that nobody was suggesting to shave a battery down and when I read the post I marked it with the Laughing Emoji… I never imagined that one would sand their swollen battery down to make it fit. I guess that my words, "I would not advise that" should have included some "LoL" references…

joke.png

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I know that nobody was suggesting to shave a battery down and when I read the post I marked it with the Laughing Emoji… I never imagined that one would sand their swollen battery down to make it fit. I guess that my words, "I would not advise that" should have included some "LoL" references…

View attachment 156899
My bad! An LOL goes a long way to clarify the humor, for those of us that are sometimes too obtuse! LOL!

I just added this pic. These are about 3" long and fit the notches in the battery perfectly. And take up little room in my bag. I have long fingernails but no strength in my old, old hands.

View attachment 156916
Thanks! I ordered a pair when you first posted the link. Mine are still in transit. They should come in handy for several other tasks, too!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760