DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BATTERY REMOVAL

360 Guy

Reactions
In searching threads I only found one related to battery removal, but no solution on easy removal from drone.
Has anyone come up with a reasonable answere?
My fingers hurt pushing the tab and trying to remove the battery at the same time.

HELP!!

Reactions: LoudThunder
If you can get access to a 3d printer there are several designs for printable battery removal tools on thingiverse.

I understand that there are also commercial services for printing, but I don’t have one to recommend.

In the above sort of pinching action the nail or bit of the finger tip immediately below the end of the nail depresses the clip, or at least that is how it is for me.

Oh yeah. That’s the design I’ve seen on thingiverse. $9 shipped in the US seems very reasonable.

solution on easy removal from drone.

I too found it exceedingly difficult to remove the battery from the Mini 2 and I've had four Mini 2s and they were all the same…

Back story… The first one had camera issues and I returned it for a replacement, I then crashed the replacement and replaced it with care refresh, that replacement was also defective with GPS issues and I returned it under warranty, and then I received its replacement and I've been flying that one for almost a year…

OK, back on Point, How to Easily Remove the Battery without ripping a Finger Nail off…

I took a 1/4" Square length of Maple (Hard Wood…) by 5" Long and filed a notch as you can see in the photo in each end of the Stick.

20221103_215213.jpg

The Battery has a lock in the base that keeps it from slipping out of place. Use your thumb to lift the Lock and then simply pull the battery out using the stick…

20221103_215716.jpg

I made other versions for my friends. I have also used a 1/4" plastic Knitting Needle. I cut it to about 6" in length. I chucked it up in my drill and then spun the needle and placed a file right next to the drill chuck and as the needle spun, the file cut a groove all the way around. The Groove does not need to be very deep, just enough to fit the notch on the top rear of the battery.

I then did the same with the other side of the needle. Then I cut off the excess length that was in the drill chuck so the grove was about an 1/8" from the end… I gave it to my friend…

You should see the "Cob Job" Tablet Mount I made for my Galaxy S2 and A8 Tablets out of plexiglass…

LOL. I'd also let my fingernails grow a little longer. Easier to grasp things with.
The Mini 2 battery clips also quickly loosen up with use, and the user also simultaneously becomes better at the removal technique with time. Same with all the gimbal protectors from the past. The hardest one was the Mavic 2 Pro. Used to take me a full 45 seconds, until someone showed us his 5 second technique in a YouTube video. He thought we were all idiots, but once he shared his brilliant technique, we all mastered it, too! LOL!

I liked your helpful suggestions and video links. My post was to the OP, who was completely ignoring the your helpful suggestion of using the Battery Extractor Puller Tool, instead of just his hand. All good.

I liked your helpful suggestions and video links. My post was to the OP, who was completely ignoring the your helpful suggestion of using the Battery Extractor Puller Tool, instead of just his hand. All good.

Oops. 🤭

If you can get access to a 3d printer
You do not need at 3D printer… Get a Stick, cut or file a notch as shown in my other posting with photos and that's all it takes…

Last edited:
In the above sort of pinching action the nail or bit of the finger tip immediately below the end of the nail depresses the clip,
Yes, that's "all" that's needed, except most folk do not have the "pinching action" of a Vice-Grip with their thumb and forefinger…

And we appreciate your question. Sometimes that's all it takes is for someone to ask, "WHY?"

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dozerdan