DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery replacement

berdterds

Reactions
Hello all,

So my dad bought a Mavic Pro v1 a couple of years ago, and extra batteries, and never used it. I cant get them to charge and have tried all suggestions in previous threads.
Will dji replace these if they've never been used?

Thank you.

Hello all,

So my dad bought a Mavic Pro v1 a couple of years ago, and extra batteries, and never used it. I cant get them to charge and have tried all suggestions in previous threads.

Thank you.
I doubt it. I don't think they even sell anything on the Mavic Pro anymore. The best shot would probably be to try to find some good ones online but those are hard to find these days. Might have to try some off-brand ones but I'm sure people with more experience with Mavic Pro's will have better insights.

I doubt it. I don't think they even sell anything on the Mavic Pro anymore. The best shot would probably be to try to find some good ones online but those are hard to find these days. Might have to try some off-brand ones but I'm sure people with more experience with Mavic Pro's will have better insights.
I ended up finding the same batteries on their website... $95 dollars a piece though.
Thats unfortunate that the batteries just die if you dont use them.. sucks

I ended up finding the same batteries on their website... $95 dollars a piece though.
On DJI's website? I could've sworn someone here said they stopped selling them years ago. I never really checked it out but I guess they do! Happy you found them!

I think all batteries just die if you don't use them regardless of whether they're DJI or Energizer.

Hello all,

Thank you.
Just out of curiosity, why did your father not use the drone?

On DJI's website? I could've sworn someone here said they stopped selling them years ago. I never really checked it out but I guess they do! Happy you found them!

I think all batteries just die if you don't use them regardless of whether they're DJI or Energizer.
Oh I thought because they were LiPo batteries... do lithium ion do the same? Never had a lithium ion do that to me have always been able to bring it back to life but maybe I didn't wait that long.

Oh I thought because they were LiPo batteries... do lithium ion do the same? Never had a lithium ion do that to me have always been able to bring it back to life but maybe I didn't wait that long.
I'm not entirely sure about all types of batteries, but to my knowledge, they all die after a long time of non use

LiPo and Lithium Ion have different use characteristics. You have noted one of them.

Hello all,

Thank you.
I have a Mavic Pro, my first drone. Although I don’t use it much anymore, I charge the batteries about every three months. They still seem to be great. Some only have less than a dozen cycles. They were purchased for a mapping project and shortly after that I bought an M2 Pro, which continues to impress me every time I run a Litchi mission. Wow! Fantastic piece of equipment.

I would ask DJI if you send them in, can they replace them, free or otherwise?

I looked them up last night and found them under search. Just to make sure it wasn’t a fluke I asked the chat Customer Service and she linked me straight to the battery packs. So, everyone should at least grab one. Let them know we still need them. I have a Mavic Mini 1 and the Mavic Platinum Pro. I bought them both new and rarely flew them. I am ready to fly now.I kept all my old battery packs healthy, they are fine to this day but I still purchased a couple batteries of each. I feel like they should have made all the batteries compatible with other units. Even if they had to update the software on the old units. For awhile prior to covid they were introducing too many new units to even keep up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BluMav