DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery stuck Mavic Air 2 New !!

This means it has swelled in the casing and has a fault, it could melt the casing and the drone body
Is the battery still on or is it warm/hot to touch ?

Reactions: dirkclod
Possibly another melted battery. Usually melted at the rear of the battery and compartment. Hopefully this is not your case and just a latch or terminal issue.

Not is very difficult

Time to use a plastic spludger to lever it out of the body, by using it where the battery clip onto the body is.
Maybe a phone repair shop can do it.

Es hora de usar un spludger de plástico para sacarlo del cuerpo, usándolo donde está el clip de la batería en el cuerpo.
Tal vez un taller de reparación de teléfonos pueda hacerlo.

1601635925675.png

• Wow
Reactions: boblui
Time to pack it up and ship it back. It's new ..it's covered.
I know it's a bummer to have to wait it out but no matter what the cause is ...it's not right. The Air 2 Battery should slip in and out super easy.

Reactions: Thomas B
Thanks i want buy other battery for the time and cost of ship i live in paraguay
It’s very probable that the drone has been damaged as well as the battery. I think you’ll need to face up to the fact that you are most likely going to have to send it all back to DJI!

My Battery’s got very hot in my case . It wasn’t in the MA2 but in the pocket . It was two of them . I charge it three days before to go flying but ended up using only one . I thing it was the forth day that I just pulled the batteries from the case. They felt like I just used them they where hot to the touch. I pressed it to see how much battery life was left both of the batteries had two lights on one light blinking . So from now on I keep them on the shelf with Social distance 6 inches apart lol . That was the only time they got hot . It was very weird and reading from all these post , I’m very caution now and watch them like Eggs in the incubator . #besafe #happyflying

My Battery’s got very hot in my case . It wasn’t in the MA2 but in the pocket . It was two of them . I charge it three days before to go flying but ended up using only one . I thing it was the forth day that I just pulled the batteries from the case. They felt like I just used them they where hot to the touch. I pressed it to see how much battery life was left both of the batteries had two lights on one light blinking . So from now on I keep them on the shelf with Social distance 6 inches apart lol . That was the only time they got hot . It was very weird and reading from all these post , I’m very caution now and watch them like Eggs in the incubator . #besafe #happyflying
That will likely work if all else is intact.
However, the heating makes me consider some strange auto discharge scenario.... Always keep battery contacts insulated and isolated until you put the battery in the drone.

That will likely work if all else is intact.
However, the heating makes me consider some strange auto discharge scenario.... Always keep battery contacts insulated and isolated until you put the battery in the drone.
Not strange at all! Sounds very much like the battery reached the ‘5 days from charging auto discharge to 60%‘ point, as clearly described in the User Manual .

Last edited by a moderator:
Battery explode and stuck , remove the battery , drone in good condition

Attachments

• 20201003_220050.jpg
    20201003_220050.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 29
  • 20201003_220125.jpg
    20201003_220125.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 28
  • 20201003_220224.jpg
    20201003_220224.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29