DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can’t shut off Air 2 or get battery out?

bobshot

Reactions
It won’t shut off and it’s blinking yellow light really fast and I cannot get the battery out to shut it down any suggestions

First power off before you remove the battery. One tap, release another tap and hold for a few seconds longer and then release.

The two release buttons on the side of your battery push inwards at the same time. Gently wiggle your battery at the same time while pushing inwards on the battery release buttons. Don't force it, be gentle.

Seems like your battery might be one of the defective ones that has "gone critical". I suggest you try to pry it out, otherwise it will melt your drone. Regardless, contact DJI because you should be able to swap it all out under warranty.

The on/off mechanism for the drone is the button on top of the battery, so it sounds like a battery issue. All I can think is that you have a damaged and swollen battery that jammed the release mechanism. I have never seen that problem, but there are people on here who've been flying drones for years and may have seen it. Let us know what it is when you get it sorted out.

Seems like your battery might be one of the defective ones that has "gone critical". I suggest you try to pry it out, otherwise it will melt your drone. Regardless, contact DJI because you should be able to swap it all out under warranty.
It's starting to smell like something is burning. Not good.

It's starting to smell like something is burning. Not good.

First power off before you remove the battery. One tap, release another tap and hold for a few seconds longer and then release.

The two release buttons on the side of your battery push inwards at the same time. Gently wiggle your battery at the same time while pushing inwards on the battery release buttons. Don't force it, be gentle.
It's not turning off and the battery is not coming out. Have tried to get it out about 10 times now.

I would get a flat silverware knife and try to pry it out. Clearly, the battery has serious issues--no sense worrying about a battery explosion and it's going to be a repair/warranty issue.

Was the drone battery bay damaged as well ?

looks like that sharpie texta writing caused an abnormality on the battery housing causing the melt down...;)

• Wow
Reactions: InvisibleName
looks like that sharpie texta writing caused an abnormality on the battery housing causing the melt down...;)
Could that be true? Surely not. I am becoming worried about my MA2 as this is not the first report of melting batteries.

I hope DJI reads these posts and issues a statement to alleviate my fears.

• Haha
Reactions: Ex Coelis
Could that be true? Surely not. I am becoming worried about my MA2 as this is not the first report of melting batteries.

I hope DJI reads these posts and issues a statement to alleviate my fears.
I think he is jesting buddy,hope they sort it fast ,too many of these burning all look the same.have you just got the drone ?
i would be back to the store with it unless you got mail order.

Reactions: RMS001
There's a handful of posts ( in the MA2 help section) of this exact same issue. One poster had a good technical description and photo of the parts in the battery going back...check over there to read more. DJI won't read this post and help you, but open up a case and they'll get you set up with new battery (and probably charger).

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Just curious since it is summer in the states and extremely hot in many parts of the country, were you flying in excessive ambient heat where you are and did you fly for a long time prior to that incident? Where I am it is in the 90’s regularly and I have felt the batteries were getting drained a bit quicker than I recall. Thus the curiosity. I am genuinely sorry you had this experience.

Just curious since it is summer in the states and extremely hot in many parts of the country, were you flying in excessive ambient heat where you are and did you fly for a long time prior to that incident? Where I am it is in the 90’s regularly and I have felt the batteries were getting drained a bit quicker than I recall. Thus the curiosity. I am genuinely sorry you had this experience.

Seems like this battery issue has nothing to do with flying in hot weather: there is a chip on the battery (MOSFET) that is malfunctioning, which ends up causing the meltdown seen here.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Well I'm not glad, but you know what I mean. I noticed at least one of the batteries doesn't actually turn off. It goes into a blinking frenzy. With that said, I don't have any physical issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78