DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Swelling

jcardea

Reactions
I read of battery swelling, where on batteries does this occur? i have three batteries and so not see any signs of swelling but if there is certain area to look for i will do that.

I read of battery swelling, where on batteries does this occur? i have three batteries and so not see any signs of swelling but if there is certain area to look for i will do that.
in the case of DJI batts the most common place for the swelling to show is the bottom of the battery where it fits into the drone and is most likely to happen if the battery gets to hot and is left in a hot vehicle

The battery 'cells' are inside the plastic case that clips to the body of the Mavic 2 Pro.
If you look at the underside of the battery, you can see the actual cells - and normally, they are flat. If you get any swelling, these flat areas will go like a 'pillow' ...

Just wanted to add, leaving in hot locations alone is likely to cause swelling, eventually, but battery efficiency degradation will happen sooner (and thats not an obvious symtom, other than in flight times decreasing and if you pay attention to battery pack individual cell voltage devations... most dji pks have 3-4 cell per pack).

Mainly what I wanted to add is... leaving the packs AT FULL CHARGE in a hot or cool area, for days on end, will make them swell much faster. IMO

Lots of good videos etc on how to treat your batteries. Swelling is well known, but not fully understood what exactly are the particular causes, so its best to cover all your bases!

Good day
in the case of DJI batts the most common place for the swelling to show is the bottom of the battery where it fits into the drone and is most likely to happen if the battery gets to hot and is left in a hot vehicle

One more reason of swelling is deep discharge UNDER LOAD, i.e. flying on 0% charge, espesially if weather is hot or cold.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying