DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery went from 49% to 0% and drone lands right where it was.

A battery failure would pretty much be a death sentence in most cases. I don't fly over water much, but over water, a hundred feet up, over woods, etc. All of them would likely either ensure massive damage if not total destruction. The only safe flying would be over a valley of feathers and pillows, but even then gravity would case significant damage.

Wow, close call.
I love these forums for updates and info but I have to confess, sometimes they scare me into second guessing my practices. But... living in Nova Scotia, where the heck would you fly if not over the water. It's where all the beautiful scenery is and provides rock solid connections. Oh well... just hope for the best I guess.
Glad you recovered your bird.
Yes it was close. I look at it like this, if you have a successful flight, you’re not going to come to a forum and let everyone know. So there very well could be ( and probably are) hundreds of successful flights for every 1 issue you read about. I would think the numbers are in our favor.

Reactions: John MacAulay
*UPDATE*
I spoke with DJI support. I attempted to call them, but the line would always drop after they announced i was first in the queue:mad:. I got a rep. from the online chat and he instructed me to send in the drone and the faulty battery. I told him i did not want to use my care refresh as this was a malfunction of the device and not user error. He said he removed my policy from this case. According to UPS; it will arrive in Grapevine, Texas on Friday. Hopefully i get it back soon and with a new battery. We shall see...

*More updates*

UPS said the drone was delivered late Friday. I got an email around noon today saying they received it and are reviewing the damage and that I would hear from them in 2-3 days. At around 5pm I heard from them and they said they are giving me a new battery and fixing the arm on the gimbal all under warranty. It should be done in 3-6 days. So maybe i’ll be lucky enough to have it back for Christmas. I am glad they covered it without me having to fight with them.

*More updates*

UPS said the drone was delivered late Friday. I got an email around noon today saying they received it and are reviewing the damage and that I would hear from them in 2-3 days. At around 5pm I heard from them and they said they are giving me a new battery and fixing the arm on the gimbal all under warranty. It should be done in 3-6 days. So maybe i’ll be lucky enough to have it back for Christmas. I am glad they covered it without me having to fight with them.
Great outcome. Glad they are fixing you up.

Was the battery by any chance puffy on the bottom? That would indicate a battery that was failing.

*More updates*

Good to know u got covered by dji, and what was the problem they related? Manufacture problem?

Flew the drone today for the first time since I got it back from DJI and everything is perfect. They did however send me a new drone instead of fixing mine (different serial number) but I’m not complaining ;)

Looking at the battery manual, one strange care tip is to not transport the batteries while fully charged. I guess the vibrations damage it some how?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3