DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery won’t stop blinking all lights while charging

Eyeonyou

Reactions
So just recently one of my Mavic pro batteries won’t stop blinking while charging. All four lights are blinking. After about 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours max which is what they normally take to charge. I’ll pull it off the charger, lights go out and if I plug it back in the charger no lights come on telling me that it’s charged. I’ll confirm this by putting in my drone and it will say 100% on battery. It still flys fine on that battery and it drains normal. It’s a oem battery and charger.

So just recently one of my Mavic pro batteries won’t stop blinking while charging. All four lights are blinking. After about 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours max which is what they normally take to charge. I’ll pull it off the charger, lights go out and if I plug it back in the charger no lights come on telling me that it’s charged. I’ll confirm this by putting in my drone and it will say 100% on battery. It still flys fine on that battery and it drains normal. It’s a oem battery and charger.
You could just have some un-balanced cells in the battery, just pop up your battery info and see if your cells all match up. Usually when it takes that long it's out of balance.
Screenshot_20190717-235229.png

Reactions: Thomas B
If that’s the case what do you do?
Just let it go till it's done, it will stop flashing eventually. If you want to top it off when it's full just turn the battery on (just like you would when it's installed in the drone) and plug it in, it should continue to charge.

Reactions: Drone Or Boat
Just let it go till it's done, it will stop flashing eventually. If you want to top it off when it's full just turn the battery on (just like you would when it's installed in the drone) and plug it in, it should continue to charge.

I left it on the charger for like 1 1/2 and it never stopped blinking. Made me nervous so I unplugged it. It says 100% when I plug it into the drone.

as was stated earlier check in the app to see if all the cells are showing the same voltage when you charge the battery what happens is that when the last cell has taken on sufficiant charge ,the balance part of the circuit takes over and will continue to try to get all the cells as near as possible to each other and this can take quite a while if one of the cells has a fault

Reactions: Thomas B
Ok will check that out. I heard if there off if you run the drone until it shuts off will reset the battery cells. But I’ve also heard running the battery all the way dead will harm the battery

Ok will check that out. I heard if there off if you run the drone until it shuts off will reset the battery cells. But I’ve also heard running the battery all the way dead will harm the battery
if you run it down as you said it must be charged strait away as soon as it has cooled down to a safe temperature do not leave it very low for an extended period of time but if there is a faulty cell then running it really low could kill it completely, also do not keep them fully charged for extended periods as this can harm them as well looking after you battries is one of the most important parts of drone ownership

I left it on the charger for like 1 1/2 and it never stopped blinking. Made me nervous so I unplugged it. It says 100% when I plug it into the drone.
Happened to me once when battery would not stop blinking. I left it on the charger about 3 hours until it stopped. Never had this problem again.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
Just a thought, I saw a similar thing with the SC.
I suggest, putting the battery in the drone (without the propellors) and let the motors run until it shuts down. Dont rev the motors because there's no resistance but just let it run, grab a coffee and let the battery go flat. Then try recharging.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
Update. I charged it a couple more times. First ran it down to about 8% then charged it, but took it off after it was on there for more then the normal amount and was still flashing though. Put it in the drone and read 100% like every other time. Checked the voltage and they were all almost the exact same. Don’t remember the exact voltage so don’t so don’t quote me on this but it was something like 4.31v on 2 of them and 4.32 on the other. Flew fine just like before. Ran down to what I normally do around 20% this time and put it on the charger. This time in about an hour all lights shut off. Hopefully it was just a fluke the last few and it’s back to normal.

Reactions: old man mavic
My guess is that u put it on the charger when it was already charged and that there’s a bug in the Smart battery logic that shuts down charging as u pass thru, say 99.9% charged. But since u already have 100% then the shut-off logic is not activated. Just a thought, I saw a similar problem on the SC

No it wasn’t charged when I put it on the charger. It was at 8% then 20% this last time.

I meant the orinigal problem when the charger didn’t turn off

Every time I charged the batteries they were around 20% when I plugged them in. Only the one time I took it to 8% to try and reset the cells.

Yes I’ve always had mine do a auto discharge after 3 days.
yes mine are set to auto discharge after 3 days but that only happens if i was to leave them fully charged
do you always fully charge your batteries after you have used them ,you should really bring them to a storage charge after use not fully charge them if you do not intend to fly any time soon
i always make sure i am on the ground with no less than 40% charge that way the cell voltage is at a safe level and they can be stored for several days till i am ready to fly again when they auto discharge the electronics in the battery case bleed off current cell by cell keeping them balanced till they reach a safe voltage for storage you wiil know if this is happening because the battery will get warm this could have been the issue as to why your battery took so long to charge as the balance control was trying to get them all the same

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom