DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery wont charge

MikeSD

Reactions
I bought an unused Mavic 2 Pro, that had extra batteries. It was still sealed. But one of the batteries won't charge. That battery was still in A sealed box.

There is no light when the button is pressed. I have charged it for many hours. I have tried all the suggestions for trying to get it out of hibernaction, assuming that was the problem. But nothing works.

Assuming it's just dead. But before I toss it, I was wondering if there is another way of testing it or reviving it.

Suggestions?

If the unit is new, you should be able to file a warranty for replacement.
If the other batteries are working as intended, then most likely you have a defective one.

Reactions: Rob Dog
If the unit is new, you should be able to file a warranty for replacement.
If the other batteries are working as intended, then most likely you have a defective one.
It was unused but not new. Not covered by warranty. I'm not the original owner and the said it was about 1 year old.

Dioes not seem to be charging from the single connector. Is there a pinout of the connector?

Can cell voltage be measured without opening? Maybe it's time to open the battery and see if there are any loose connections. Or maybe I can give a little charge to get individual cells up in voltage. Hope I can figure out how to open without destroying the case.

Last edited:
Sometimes you need to leave them on the single cable (like you are trying) for many hours before they kick in, I recall some even say leave it on overnight.
If that hasn't come good by then, it's probably done.

I personally wouldn't muck about with it, lipos are too dicey with fire potential, best to just dispose of it properly, which might be through a local recycle centre.
If placed in normal rubbish, it could get crushed in a truck compacting mechanism and cause a fire there, or in the landfill itself.

Reactions: StantonZ
oooooohhhhh have a look at this Mista 10pin Pitch 2.5mm Battery Male Connector Used For Dji Mavic 2 - Buy Uav Lithium Ion Battery Connector,Battery Connector Mavic Pro,Dji Mavic 2 Pro Battery Connector Product on Alibaba.com
it might be of use to someone
. Is there a pinout of the connector?
The case is from memory all snap locks but once the case halves have separated DEPRESS the battery clips and DO NOT rip the cases apart as you might tear the on/off switch's ribbon cable or destroy its connector. I will have a look for the battery in the morning and, if I find it, try to get better photos of the case catches.

Attachments

• mavic 2 pinout.jpg
    mavic 2 pinout.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 19
  • mavic 2 battery.jpg
    mavic 2 battery.jpg
    723 KB · Views: 19
  • Mavic 2 battery shell.jpg
    Mavic 2 battery shell.jpg
    615.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:
different battery shell, this came from drone that went swimming in salt water, I can't find the other battery case at the moment.

Attachments

• ends, top half.jpg
    ends, top half.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 6
  • lugs connector end.jpg
    lugs connector end.jpg
    687.6 KB · Views: 6
  • case catches x4 -1.jpg
    case catches x4 -1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
Just playing the devil’s advocate here, but if your Plan A is to open the lithium battery case to tinker around with individual cells, what’s your Plan B if you cause a lithium fire and explosion with your face in proximity of this device? A new battery (if you are in actual need of another) is a lot cheaper than a new face. Just go buy a new battery, please!

Reactions: Rob Dog
I would certainly agree. Even if you think you have fixed it, will you still REALLY trust it!!! Pretty sure I wouldn't. I vote "new battery".

Get hold of DJI and work them them. They have been GREAT with my issues!!

It's dead, as they will often be if stored unused for years. Some people may be able to revive them depending on condition but it requires expensive specialized equipment so you need to find a place that does it and ship the battery back and forth.
Probably easier to get the seller to refund you some amount for the dead battery.

I'm willing to bet the previous owner of that battery did not know how to maintain it. He probably let it drop to 0% charge and sit there, which is about the worst thing you can do to a lithium battery aside from heat it up.

Just don't try to "save" a dead battery! It will become dead again at the worst possible time! Yes, they are expensive but not as expensive as a lost drone...

I have had my drone for about 2 months and have flown it about 3-4 times. I had same problem and the battery was returned to DJI and it is being replaced.

While waiting on the new battery a second battery has done the same thing. Push the button and there are no LED indicators. This battery was stored in the drone with the drone in the carry case. A spare battery was also stored in the same case. The spare battery is fine but the battery stored in the drone is dead.

I will call service next week to determine if the battery being stored in the drone is causing the battery to drain beyond the recharge level.

Regarding "dead" Mavic 2 batteries: I just had a battery go from full to unresponsive (attached to the aircraft). I found one post on another forum which instructed to turn the battery on with one short and one long press. Although there was no light or indication of turning on, I then plugged into the charger. The battery is now charging. So give it a try, turn it on in the normal way and then try to charge it. Still waiting for the final charging status but I am hopeful.

I found one post on another forum which instructed to turn the battery on with one short and one long press. Although there was no light or indication of turning on, I then plugged into the charger. The battery is now charging. So give it a try,

So many little things that might make a difference to hopefully resurrecting a bricked battery.
Yes, worth a try . . .

And then after what appears to be a normal charge, just check cell balances, including for a first flight how stable they are hovering safely, and then under a bit of power need.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU