DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battlebots. BattleDrones?

MavicFT1P

Reactions
Ok so i maybe 2 or more years behind on this one.
But i just got bored and watched battlebots on tv.
Would be great if it werent overproduced.
Matchups seem a little staged. I dunno. Onf of few times ive watched (some of an episode)

And there was a drone (pretty clearly for show),
it's only ability is flame?? Whats your take?

Reactions: BigAl07
RoFL
So I AMm out of touch with reality.
That almost tops the drone scene from tunnel

That Battlebot arena would make for a good horror Movie.
Maybe it's haunted, And a mechanic working late night gets sliced and diced, but they
try to cover it up, then the next day a some guy working on a batteblot is smoking pot, or cussin women,
and a battlebot becomes sentient and he gets steamrollered/cut in two.

Russel Crow and i go canooing every other Sunday in the harbour, I might pitch that

The UK version was called Robot Wars and followed similar rules although no flying robots and no flame weaponry, from what I've seen of the flying ones in the US they don't seem to work at all against the standard heavily armed and armoured rivals.

The series here ran for quite some time but was cancelled years ago when it fizzled out then they brought it back a couple of years ago which was surprisingly good as the advances in battery and motor technology meant within the same weight limit it was possible to produce far more deadly robots. It made for much better TV as many of the fights were decent battles although the arena looked like it was in need of an upgrade as the new more powerful robots were hitting it with so much force that they were ripping it apart including one which managed to hit a light fitting some distance above and another that almost fully penetrated the first protective wall.

I thought it was great from a STEM point of view as well with a few young teams who understandably couldn't compete with the robots entered by professionals but seemed to love the whole experience from building their own functioning robot to getting it onto TV and able to see some of the really impressive robots first hand.

After an even better second series though the BBC canned it because they were wanting to find more unique shows despite showing some of the same crap year in year out but due to the unique way the BBC is funded, you still have to pay for it whether you want it or not...

Theres a certain movie with a certain Sentient Scorpion Robot with a Buzzsaw Tail, through which
I feel the spirit of the series lives on :)

I've been to a few battlebots tapings... its a great time. happens in Long Beach, and you can buy tickets!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+