DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Be careful installing PolarPro leg extenders

Great tip!
This is One of the reasons why I chose PGYtech, as well as to keep the weight/ pressure on the areas intended by the manufacturer

Reactions: Freedom 1
I had the PGYTech legs and they were a real pain I found. The front legs were difficult to get on - you really had to put upward pressure to slide them on and risked damaging the legs and antennas. No such issue with the new Polar Pros.

The rear legs on the PGYTech you had to clip on and couldn't leave attached if you wanted to use the Fly More Bag. The new Polar Pro rear and front legs you leave on the drone all the time and it fits snugly with them attached in the bag. For me, as long as they have been correctly fitted (second picture), they are probably the best accessory after the Smart Controller. I absolutely love them and thing Polar Pro have done an amazing job with their functionality.

Only one small issue, mentioned in a previous post, is you do have to be careful opening the front legs as you can easily put pressure on the legs when snapping the extenders open. Being careful and mindful of this overcomes any problems there and hasn't been an issue for me. I would rate them 9/10 for operation, and 6/10 for value - AUD$47 best price was huge for 4 small bits of plastic, yet they do work a treat nonetheless.

I also have the Polar Pro landing gear. I agree with PC, you have to be a little careful with the front gear so you don't put too much pressure on the legs. The rear legs, though, are very fragile. I have already broke one of them. The good news is, Polar Pro has shipped out new landing gear! I will be a little more careful next time.
There is a really good instructional video on YouTube on how and where to put the rear landing gear!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryhav0c