DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Be careful of Alientech

Status
Not open for further replies.

nencmeister

Reactions
I hate to be a complainer but these guys are straight up scammers. I bought a DUO II for a total of $506 including shipping for my MA2... they sent me a brick. It does not hold charge.
If you plug it in, the lights only come on sometimes, and when you unplug it, after about 2 minutes the battery just dies. I live in NY, and had to fly down to Austin for work, I was there for a few days and flew back, first thing I did was try to install antenna. I broke the controller (opening it, didn't even install the antenna yet) so I had to reorder another MA2 controller from Amazon. So I didn't install it to find out it was a brick until about 9 days have passed. Their warranty is 7 days after delivery, you can not send it back after that for any circumstance.

Numerous emails, facebook messages, etc. Absolutely no useful information. No support, no help, just an accusation I am trying to scam them by not having the plug plugged in all the way. They don't respond back for four-five days. Paypal is useless unfortunately, so I have an open case with Amex I'm confident they will credit my money back, while these a holes keep there money.

Don't get me wrong, I do a lot of business in China and with Chinese companies, but these guys are an exception. Maybe I just haven't experienced something like this B2C, but last time I order anything for personal use from China. There is just no way to go after them for persecution. I'm eventually getting my money back but that's not the point, these guys just really got to me by not offering any support, no offers for an exchange or refund. Be careful buying from these guys

Reactions: LSM and Rickd83
I hate to be a complainer but these guys are straight up scammers. I bought a DUO II for a total of $506 including shipping for my MA2... they sent me a brick. It does not hold charge.
If you plug it in, the lights only come on sometimes, and when you unplug it, after about 2 minutes the battery just dies. I live in NY, and had to fly down to Austin for work, I was there for a few days and flew back, first thing I did was try to install antenna. I broke the controller (opening it, didn't even install the antenna yet) so I had to reorder another MA2 controller from Amazon. So I didn't install it to find out it was a brick until about 9 days have passed. Their warranty is 7 days after delivery, you can not send it back after that for any circumstance.

Numerous emails, facebook messages, etc. Absolutely no useful information. No support, no help, just an accusation I am trying to scam them by not having the plug plugged in all the way. They don't respond back for four-five days. Paypal is useless unfortunately, so I have an open case with Amex I'm confident they will credit my money back, while these a holes keep there money.

Don't get me wrong, I do a lot of business in China and with Chinese companies, but these guys are an exception. Maybe I just haven't experienced something like this B2C, but last time I order anything for personal use from China. There is just no way to go after them for persecution. I'm eventually getting my money back but that's not the point, these guys just really got to me by not offering any support, no offers for an exchange or refund. Be careful buying from these guys
"There is just no way to go after them for persecution."

Do you really mean "persecution" or "prosecution"?

Reactions: PTBperegrine
I am always wary of buying expensive things directly from China or vendors based in China.

Its either I get these through a local distributor (like the MA2) so you have a brick and mortar store to throw rotten tomatoes at if this goes haywire, or I keep purchases at not more than Php1,000 (about US$25) so that if it goes south then I can just shrug it off and charge it to experience.

I have two Alientech range extenders. The Alientech Duo 2.4/5.8 and the Alientech Pro 2.4 Signal Booster. Both work exceptionally well giving not only greater range but also a better stronger signal overall. I did however have them installed by professional!

Sorry to hear you had a terrible experience, then damaging the controller.

Im surprised you didn’t buy from a local US dealer selling Alientech boosters, we have several here in the state’s. Probably at a better deal, and would helped you with a replacement. Or, They would install the booster for a small fee.

I do buy and order from China myself, but only when I can’t find the product here in the states.

Have you tried replacing the batteries, could be one or both batteries are defective or not placed correctly in the battery tray. I charge my batteries separately from the Alientech Pro booster, then insert them in when fully charged. Check the positions you are mounting them in, one could be reversed.

Good luck,
Paul

Thanks guys

So the issue isn't with the installation at all, I just mentioned that to give you some insight. It was installed properly. It's the actual battery unit that you charge and then attach to the antenna on the controller, it's removable because it's really big and bulky.

Absolutely next time I will just go through a US dealer, obviously will never buy Alientech again out of principle but for any drone accessories will only buy from the US.

Here's a direct link to the unit for those of you who were curious

I was super excited to get super long range :( I just got a big headache. I'm trying to find another brand if anyone has suggestions? I still actually want a longer range just not with these a holes.

Cheers and sorry about the pouting

Thanks guys

So the issue isn't with the installation at all, I just mentioned that to give you some insight. It was installed properly. It's the actual battery unit that you charge and then attach to the antenna on the controller, it's removable because it's really big and bulky.

Absolutely next time I will just go through a US dealer, obviously will never buy Alientech again out of principle but for any drone accessories will only buy from the US.

Here's a direct link to the unit for those of you who were curious

I was super excited to get super long range :( I just got a big headache. I'm trying to find another brand if anyone has suggestions? I still actually want a longer range just not with these a holes.

Cheers and sorry about the pouting
No problem, we’re glad you shared your experience and not at all pouting.

I’ve tried so many amplifiers with different models, when it came to my Mavic models with osucsync 2. I found the extra expense, hassle of mounting on the amplifier boosters just wasn’t worth it. At the end, always resorted to putting everything back to stock.

I have the Mavic 2 Air, it’s osucsync 2 is plenty of penetration for my type of flying. Same with my Mavic 2 Pro, took off the booster just really didn’t improve its range that much.

Only one model I have added a booster really made a difference, and it was a big difference and many others adding on this same booster to same model all say the same. It greatly improved transmission signal, the model is an Evo 2 and the booster was Alientech Pro. Only 2.4G not duel like yours, that’s the only time never regretted adding on a booster, probably increased transmission signal by 40%. The Evo 2 with Alientech Pro transmission signal is stronger than a Mavic 2 Pro with osucsync 2, I compared both, hands down Evo 2 with Alientech Pro is better, Others have shared the same.

Take care,
Paul

Reactions: nencmeister
Curiosity. You have a problem with that?

It's this one, the most expensive model they make. Their margin is probably nuts.. $15 worth of parts in China.

Would love to have one of theirs or similar brand on a smart controller or standard Mavic 2 Pro controller, but not willing to attempt the installation myself. I have watched the videos and realized quickly this is something that you don't want to undertake unless you are very familiar with this type of electronic parts work. Way too many tiny connections and other things that can be either bent, or broken. Would love to find a local USA, company that both sells and installs these external antennas.

Paul C

Sorry to hear that you've got a lemon, that's always a possibility with any product.

I've used Alientechs products for a few years, including range extenders and other parts and have never had a problem with them. I don't live in the US but in SEA. Their customer service has always been outstanding and the shipping quick.

Re the DUO II (I also have one) is a great extender and is easy to get inside to change the batteries. Zeusfl has and has posted this:

Hopefully you will be able to change out the batteries and get it up and running...

RE diving into the MA2 controller, that's another story. I've done all my controller mods on my other DJI drones but couldn't bring myself into doing the MA2 controller. I sent mine to a guy in KL to get it done and he had it back to me in a day.

Accelerated Heights did a You Tube clip on the controller mod... He's extremely experienced and well respected but take a look and see what he ran into..

4 Hawks also makes an extender, Accelerated Heights shows this in his clip. It's much less expensive but it is also a passive unit, unlike the DUO II.

When the MA2 first came out I looked at the controller antenna and thought (incorrectly) that an antenna mod would be easy by just opening up the extendable antenna. It didn't work out that way, sadly.....

Good luck ...

Last edited:
Reactions: nencmeister

Gary R, thank you so much!!!! This is exactly what I needed. Going to give it a go, I happen to have a warehouse full of 18650s :) if that doesn't work I'll just grab a 4hawks from a US distro. Thanks again for the great info

Aslo Paul2660, like I mentioned I actually broke my first controller attempting to install it, but I broke it trying to pry it open because I used too much force, and I didn't use pliers to pry it open from the bottom as advised on the video, I used too small of a screwdriver to try and pry it open from the sides, and I was using the side of my hand as leverage, it was completely on me because I was getting impatient. Prying the controller open is the hardest part of the install, the rest honestly is pretty easy. Also you can find MA2 / MM2 controllers for really cheap on eBay. I bought an extra one on amazon for $70 brand new, and a perfectly refurbished (never used) one on ebay for $40. Takes about an hour to install if you are careful.

My issue had nothing to do with the install, because the piece that is broken is not actually permanently attached to the controller, you take it on and off.

Curiosity. You have a problem with that?
You specifically said "it would help" if they specified the model, which implies it's something that was omitted that's actually relevant to the issue and perhaps even that you could offer some assistance if you knew which one it is, not idle curiosity. The question you got in return is maybe similarly unnecessary in that they could have ignored you, but, it's valid. And now you're getting combative with the guy. Aren't others allowed to be curious too?

re: OP, calling Alientech a scam is a massive stretch. What it really sounds like is you got a defective product from them and they're dragging their feet on support, which is pretty lousy of them if that's really the case and you approached them in an understandable manner. I'd hate to get a dud and not have a way to exchange it.

Last edited:
read more carefully - twice if necessary. You are confused. I didn't order anything.
Take your own advice. The second paragraph, as stated, is re: OP

The first paragraph is aimed at you and you made no attempt to address it.
If I thought you were the one with the faulty antenna why would I be talking about your question of what the product is?

Last edited:
You specifically said "it would help" if they specified the model, which implies it's something that was omitted that's actually relevant to the issue and perhaps even that you could offer some assistance if you knew which one it is, not idle curiosity. The question you got in return is maybe similarly unnecessary in that they could have ignored you, but, it's valid. And now you're getting combative with the guy. Aren't others allowed to be curious too?

re: OP, calling Alientech a scam is a massive stretch. What it really sounds like is you got a defective product from them and they're dragging their feet on support, which is pretty lousy of them if that's really the case and you approached them in an understandable manner. I'd hate to get a dud and not have a way to exchange it.

I've exhausted all options with them.. their own support, paypal, and now Amex. They gave me zero support, literally none. They did not have one trouble shooting suggestion period. They are not just dragging their feet, they flat out accused me of trying to scam them so they don't have to take liability. I will eventually get my money back with Amex but it's the principle that these people are shady and yes they scammed me out of $504. yes that is the case

I've exhausted all options with them.. their own support, paypal, and now Amex. They gave me zero support, literally none. They did not have one trouble shooting suggestion period. They are not just dragging their feet, they flat out accused me of trying to scam them so they don't have to take liability. I will eventually get my money back with Amex but it's the principle that these people are shady and yes they scammed me out of $504. yes that is the case
That sucks. I was contemplating switching out my boosted 4Hawks setup for something more tidy, but if
this company is so averse to helping it'll definitely give me pause in considering their stuff.

Maybe as a bit of a silver lining, once the bank makes you whole you'll end up with that broken antenna. You or someone else might actually be able to have a go at repairing it if it's something like one bad contact inside.

That sucks. I was contemplating switching out my boosted 4Hawks setup for something more tidy, but if
this company is so averse to helping it'll definitely give me pause in considering their stuff.

Maybe as a bit of a silver lining, once the bank makes you whole you'll end up with that broken antenna. You or someone else might actually be able to have a go at repairing it if it's something like one bad contact inside.
Yeah I'm gonna try and repair when I get some time, even if Amex doesn't reimburse (I'm sure they will) I'm gonna grab a 4hawks from a US distro if I'm unable to repair myself, and they are half the cost too. Literally what you get for $500 from alientech is barely $15 worth of parts, the casing is very brittle, they just have the first to market advantage

Sorry to hear about your situation. I've had good experience with them. I did have a issue and it was resolved quickly. You must always read contracts when purchasing anything and thoroughly check once you receive it. Like the Dji RE Goggles would not work with the Mavic Pro 2 when they first came out. I did turn them on to make sure they powered up but they had a range for me of only a couple hundred yards. I wanted to get a refund for them and was past the window. So basically I ate $700 by not testing them out thoroughly.
Good luck with Alientech, hope you get it resolved.

I just go my Smart Controller with the Alien Tech Installed and this is a Simple Fix as i just spoke with Zeus.FL
and he can fix it , please contact me and i will let him know you need the Fix .

Screenshot 02-06-2021 16.15.41.jpg

[email protected]
Coal

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain / Snow

The problem with the Allientech DUO II was in the first batch they release. The power bottom was not working correctly because was not aligned with the board. The simple fix is add a spacer between the screw and the plastic to raise the board for 1 mm or less and will align the power bottom. In this way you will feel the click of the power bottom and will wont keep the unit off or intermittent. Is an easy fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom