DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Be careful

I bought the mini yesterday at Best Buy. Flew it a couple of time really enjoyed it.
But rightaway I noticed the micro usb plug was really tight on the charge and link cable. The third time I plugged it in the port pin broke.
So now I’m going to try to return it. I have dji care but they won’t repair controllers. So if I can’t return itI’m screwed. I called a couple of repair places and they want 90.00 and some say get a new one.
The charging cable was the worst trying to plug in. I think this is weak spot and they are going to see a lot of these damaged. I did plug it in the right direction
I’m not a newbie. If your a newbie you have to be careful because the port issquare not rounded on one side. You have to look at the cable that goes into you phone to see the right orientation. That has to face the correct way to plug in your phone.

Same happened to me.

As chinois has already stated, the RC has an embossed diagram just to the right of the female micro USB port. Just look at it (see attached image) and it will show you the correct way to insert the male micro USB plug. Not only that but given that the male is a right angle connector, if you try to do it the wrong way the other end of the cable will be heading in the wrong direction, which should also alert you that you're doing it wrong.

Attachments

• IMG_6455.jpg
    IMG_6455.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: cadbob
The port doesn’t look like that. It’s just square. So there’s no way to know what direction to plug the goes into it unless you look at the phone plug first. And it’s really tight. Like it’s doesn’t want to fit in the hole.

Honestly one of the problems is getting one that is to loose , and than you think its charging but it quits until you wiggle it some, i would rather have one that was exact fit even it took a bit longer to line it up to make it work. its annoying but secure in its function.

phantomrain.org
Elite gear for your drone.
Coal

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter