DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Be careful

I just looked at the BB return policy. They don't connect a return as defect with their restock fee, but I'm sure they meant to allow an exchange for like item without a fee.

One time I bought Lord of the Rings part 1 from them, and accidentally snapped it getting it out of the case. When I went to exchange it, the extended edition came out. Not only did they let me exchange it, but they let me get the extended edition for the difference in price.

Reactions: Thomas B
I bought the mini yesterday at Best Buy. Flew it a couple of time really enjoyed it.
But rightaway I noticed the micro usb plug was really tight on the charge and link cable. The third time I plugged it in the port pin broke.
So now I’m going to try to return it. I have dji care but they won’t repair controllers. So if I can’t return itI’m screwed. I called a couple of repair places and they want 90.00 and some say get a new one.
The charging cable was the worst trying to plug in. I think this is weak spot and they are going to see a lot of these damaged. I did plug it in the right direction
I’m not a newbie. If your a newbie you have to be careful because the port issquare not rounded on one side. You have to look at the cable that goes into you phone to see the right orientation. That has to face the correct way to plug in your phone.

Thanks, I noticed the same, will be super careful now.

I knew it! Micro-A (square), not B (trapezoid). Same is true on M2 remote.

Here's the technical reason:
A ports are for hosts/initiators, like a PC.
B ports are for peripherals/targets, such as an external hard drive, mouse, printer, etc.
So when you connect a mobile device, the RC is the host, or master, the mobile device is the slave, similar to connecting your phone to your PC.

The problem is with devices that can go both ways. That's probably why they came up with the C standard and form factor.

Because of the geometry of the Micro-A socket, a B plug could also go in it to serve as a target device.

Yea what he said...

In the UK we are covered by the distance selling law.

You may charge the customer if the goods are not returned in saleable condition, however they have the right to open packaging and examine the item as they would see it on a shelf in a shop.

But it may depend on the country you bought from.

So if you leave it plugged in. The bottom usb will work?
Yes because a normal cable won't be grounding pin 4, the sense/ID pin, which is what changes the mode of the port. The magnetic adapter is just a pass-through.

You can even connect a power bank to the side port while flying with the bottom port. I'd advise setting that up first and if you were charging the RC, before setting anything else up. I tried connecting a power bank while hovering, and that reset the RC.

By the way, the discussion was originally about the MM. MM doesn't have a bottom port.
Side topic: Has anyone tried a Y cable to add an auxiliary power bank with the mavic mini. I use one to feed power into the pro.

That might work. It would be the mobile device that would get the charge, as it's in B mode. The MM RC would be in A mode with OTG cable connected.

With the other Mavics, the bottom port would be the A providing power, side port with regular cable would be in B mode receiving power.
A port can't give and receive power at the same time.

I bought the mini yesterday at Best Buy. Flew it a couple of time really enjoyed it.
But rightaway I noticed the micro usb plug was really tight on the charge and link cable. The third time I plugged it in the port pin broke.
So now I’m going to try to return it. I have dji care but they won’t repair controllers. So if I can’t return itI’m screwed. I called a couple of repair places and they want 90.00 and some say get a new one.
The charging cable was the worst trying to plug in. I think this is weak spot and they are going to see a lot of these damaged. I did plug it in the right direction
I’m not a newbie. If your a newbie you have to be careful because the port issquare not rounded on one side. You have to look at the cable that goes into you phone to see the right orientation. That has to face the correct way to plug in your phone.

I have hot glued a micro (charging), cable into the Mini MC. Can be used this way to an OTG Y to connect to your mobile device and a battery at the same time. No more worries about getting that cable wrong. As long as you get it right the first time. You will need a male to male for charging.

Attachments

• 20191129_100646.jpg
    20191129_100646.jpg
    609.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I have an old USB cable that I tried and it fits in easily to the controller when charging. The original cable is VERY tight. I recommend trying to find an old cable thats slightly looser.

Not too loose or else you can get intermittent connections. The app acts strangely and crashes when it encounters bad USB connections

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes