DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

be carefull where HOME point is set

Hmm ... this makes me wonder.

Now I have landing protection active, but can't actually figure out how to land without cutting the motors. Throttle down until autoland starts (VPS height <0,5m), it goes down & stop motors. Pushing land button in GO4 ... the same behavior.

Am I having a brain fart this morning or will touch down with landing protection active cut the motors ..?

That's a good question. It used to be possible to land without stopping the motors, but possibly the later models and software now don't allow that.

Earlier models didn't have landing protection. You could touch down with throttle down where it would descend without hesitating. If you continued throttle down, then motors cut out. That was better than CSC since CSC could cause the Phantom to tip over before stick maneuver was interpreted as CSC.

Now with throttle down, it hesitates at about 2', and if you continue throttle down, it lands. I can't recall either if it was possible to land but still idle.

Idk that whole take off and wait for gps lock is a little crazy to me....I mean how long do you guys actually wait until you do this do you even let the IMU warm up? Flight checks? Idk i turn rc on, turn aircraft on, let them conmect and then attach device. As soon as the app boots up i go into camera view I see that everything checks out. I then will check battery voltage ( top right) make sure all cells are good....then check sats and my compass orientation (little arrow in map) by this time that I am your has warmed up and it has only been about a minute and a half and I get my "homepoint has been recorded" to me this is when it is safe to take off I usually like to do precision landing so what I will do is manually take off and rise up slowly to about 22 ft 23 ft pause for a second and then fly off.... Every time I do this precision landing spot on. anyway I think for the people that are turning their motors on before homepoint is even announced or thinking that you'll get more satellites by raising the drone 20 or 30 ft and doing 360's etc should def revise one's flight plan. Because something bad is bound to happen.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc