DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Beneath Graffiti Bridge" Filmed on a Mavic Pro 2

Jon Avery

Reactions
Everyone loves a good bridge especially if your filming it with a drone, there are so many to explore in the UK and beyond and I hope to get to a few and do just that when time allows. Someone had mentioned the Avonmouth Bridge near Bristol to film a while back and it's a cool structure and it looks great from the air but I wanted to have a look underneath and see what It's all about. Its fairly easy to get down to with a bit of a walk from Portbury dock and once you actually get underneath it your jaw will almost certainly drop as It's an absolutely epic feat of engineering. I found it quite eerie at first as you'd expect it to be loud from the traffic volume but it was so quiet. On one pillar I found a plaque dedicated to four men who tragically fell to their death whilst working on the bridge in 1999 and on it read a really touching message from their families and friends telling the reader if they wanted to share the men's vision you should just look above you. The last thing I expected to see in such a remote location was some really amazing artwork and with only one battery available in my drone It had to be this over the possibility of an aerial shot which is what was initially planned. Please excuse the clipping as I'm only just getting to grips with the exposure settings on the Mavic. I definitely plan on re visiting this another time with more batteries. This was filmed in 4K @ 24FPS in Dlog with a custom setting of +1 on the sharpness. The short film was tweaked in Final Cut Pro I hope you enjoy this very quick 45 second shoot. Thanks

Nice. Music worked really well too. If I get chance next time I’m down Brizzle way I may look the location up.

Reactions: Jon Avery
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki