DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Besides flying Drones.. What other hobbies does everyone enjoy?

A life long shooter, and a few previous brushes with photography but the purchase of a Mavic 2 got me into photography to stay. I have a coupler of Sony Mirrorless cameras and 9 lenses. I used to motorcucle as well but health issues ended that. I learned to fly as well and it became my profession until retirement at age 65.

Reactions: Rchawks
I'm into model railroading. On30 (1/4" to the foot). But the pandemic put that on hold because venues for our exhibits closed their doors.

I got bored and decided to try drones. I'm retired and have an understanding wife.

This is my favorite locomotive:

View attachment 147876
It's a CLIMAX.

One reason I got into drones is the hope that once this pandemic is over, I can get good aerial shots of our very large group layout in action.

Ken
I have to admit, this is BADASS. +1

A life long shooter, and a few previous brushes with photography but the purchase of a Mavic 2 got me into photography to stay. I have a coupler of Sony Mirrorless cameras and 9 lenses. I used to motorcucle as well but health issues ended that. I learned to fly as well and it became my profession until retirement at age 65.
Sounds like you were active ...like me..........I got into photography in 1970 when I was in the USAF....when I got out I started doing weddings and did over 300 before I got a job as a "Police Photographer / ID Tech".....did that for two years and then became a certified Deputy Sheriff...retired from that 32 years later... ..
I played lots of softball...and was a competitive barefoot water skier for 20 years [ still do it but just for fun and at
75 those falls are HARD on the body ].....I was a 9 time National Champion and ranked in the top 5 in the world
in the 35-40 year old class in 1983. I was also a 5 time National Champion Police and Fire Games poser lifter..
Competed in the Police and Fire games for 28 years and won over 140 medals in power lifting, softball, track and field and the "toughest competitor" event.
As for now I still barefoot and play golf 4-5 days a week. I just sold all my old Nikon gear and got a Nikon Z9 and
Z6ii and with 8 lenses........So I keep active...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • J - Dead Lift (2).JPG
    J - Dead Lift (2).JPG
    905.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 3 (5).JPG
    3 (5).JPG
    251.5 KB · Views: 0
I have to admit, this is BADASS. +1
Thanks OJsakila, that's the best reaction I've ever gotten. In a month we get to ride again, unless Covid scares the powers-that-be into shutting down again. I'll take my drone just in case I can get away with it.

I'm into model railroading. On30 (1/4" to the foot). But the pandemic put that on hold because venues for our exhibits closed their doors.

I got bored and decided to try drones. I'm retired and have an understanding wife.

This is my favorite locomotive:

View attachment 147876
It's a CLIMAX.

One reason I got into drones is the hope that once this pandemic is over, I can get good aerial shots of our very large group layout in action.

Ken

Likewise. I tend to view my drones as cameras with 100m tripods :)
I love that about the Mini 2. The video and stills are so sharp.

Sounds like you were active ...like me..........I got into photography in 1970 when I was in the USAF....when I got out I started doing weddings and did over 300 before I got a job as a "Police Photographer / ID Tech".....did that for two years and then became a certified Deputy Sheriff...retired from that 32 years later... ..
I played lots of softball...and was a competitive barefoot water skier for 20 years [ still do it but just for fun and at
75 those falls are HARD on the body ].....I was a 9 time National Champion and ranked in the top 5 in the world
in the 35-40 year old class in 1983. I was also a 5 time National Champion Police and Fire Games poser lifter..
Competed in the Police and Fire games for 28 years and won over 140 medals in power lifting, softball, track and field and the "toughest competitor" event.
As for now I still barefoot and play golf 4-5 days a week. I just sold all my old Nikon gear and got a Nikon Z9 and
Ahh, I was a pole vaulter in High School.

No Sir! I'm not active like you. I wish I could be but old age has taken care of all that. Besides, as a young guy, I could not do all the things that you can. I commend you!

I enjoy riding my ATV (the deeper the better), and my Harley Road Glide (nothing like I ride my ATV)
037e4e68960c8c2732d7e6b1914db3cb.jpg

Attachments

• Howard My keyboard.jpg
    Howard My keyboard.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Rchawks
Competitive pistol shooting and pickleball.

Playing Banjo with a local band, railway and pirate ship modelling and cooking, specially hot curries and Irish Stew

Photography, Metal Detecting, Chasing Trains, Playing Drums, Member of a Mustang Car Club (96 SVT Cobra) Attending Church with my Wife & Grandson, Hydroponic Growing of Vegetables

Currently my other hobbies include riding my Can Am Spyder View attachment 59083
Video editing

Learning guitar and piano

Past hobbies included flying RC Helicopters and Planes, golf, SCUBA, jet skiing, learning drums, hiking, camping.
Fellow Drummer here. Been playing since 1968. Influenced by Ringo Starr. I currently play a Ludwig Fab 4 kit also have a Roland Electronic Kit. I’ve played in Praise Band, Punk Band, and Rock n Roll -Blues Cover Band.

When I was 18 all I wanted to do was fly a fighter jet, I went to all four branches of service and without having a college education that was not possible. So I volunteered
for the Army and went Airborne. As a paratrooper I could fulfill my love of heights. That was 1969 to 1971 and after 67 jumps I never jumped again. I am 68 and just received
a Mavic Air for Christmas, and now after all these years I am seeing the would around me from above again, and it is great. Along with my Harley Sportster 1200 custom, and my dodge charged Hemi, I also love my guitar, photography, ( which the drone has added to ) And my first love ( besides my wife of 47 years ) is Astronomy. I have an observatory I built in my yard and I do deep space photography.
So, along with other things, that's me.
I’m 63, been a lifetime photographer since 73 and into astronomy since about the same. Got my first SLR for Astrophotography thru my home built 6” Newtonian telescope. Fast forward till around 2018 finally got the Celestron C-8 that I wanted in the 70’s. Also got an iOptron Drive for my DSLR. Unfortunately I’m in a Bortle 8+ neighborhood and my bad back limits my ability to haul my C-8 to darker skies. Always wanted a backyard observatory maybe someday a shed with a roll off roof. Congratulations on your observatory. Dave In Wyomissing/ Reading PA.

20240415_184254.jpg

Last night.

I’m 63, been a lifetime photographer since 73 and into astronomy since about the same. Got my first SLR for Astrophotography thru my home built 6” Newtonian telescope. Fast forward till around 2018 finally got the Celestron C-8 that I wanted in the 70’s. Also got an iOptron Drive for my DSLR. Unfortunately I’m in a Bortle 8+ neighborhood and my bad back limits my ability to haul my C-8 to darker skies. Always wanted a backyard observatory maybe someday a shed with a roll off roof. Congratulations on your observatory. Dave In Wyomissing/ Reading PA.
Nice to see some others in astronomy. Funny but the other night a drone came in low to take a look. Neighbor cause I hear the drone often during dusk. BTW a night vision device cuts through Bortle 7 skies.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR