DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Besides flying Drones.. What other hobbies does everyone enjoy?

I know your question isn't directed at me, but I also like RC cars. Had a local indoor off-road track in town for a while, but it closed. I have a Losi LST2 that I converted to electric, Losi 8ight-E 2.0 buggy, Losi 8ight-E 3.0 buggy, Losi 8ightT-E 2.0 truggy, and a few 1/10 scaled buggies. Ever since the track closed mine have pretty much been sitting and collecting dust, but I'm probably gonna revive them this spring.
What RC cars do you have? I have a Losi 8ight E setup for speed runs.

Thanks for asking. This is a good thread. Ive been a Teamster for 28 years working at a freight company hooking up trailers for road drivers. On the side got into real estate photoghraphy and aerial for a few years now. Also help area businesses by building websites for them and managing their Google Maps Places Page. Few realize the power of Google Maps and it is free! (Besides what i charge to handle it properly for them) Colder months playing craps ,as a dice setter and I'm aware its probably just luck since controlling dice especially after they hit the wall is a near impossibility. For whatever reason my rolls are often longer than most. In fact if I avoid betting on others I'll do well.Because of my dice setting and long rolls it does bring a lot of attention. A lot of time I'm barely grazing the back wall and get warned for not hitting the wall or even stopped/forced to let someone else finish the roll. Sure sometimes ill have a terrible roll and once again probably just luck but it works for me. They key to winning is to wait for those good rolls and it is essentisl to employ a press,take,press,take... strategy.
You can start off placing a couple numbers and then more after your building profit. Take the winnings for each number the first time then press the next. Every other hit you press it.
That is the only way to win big on hot rolls. As an example if you had a 6$ 8 that rolled 7 times you would collect $49 but by pressing every other roll you would make over $180. The other thing is I"m not betting passline unless it is my roll. Why let 2,3,or 12 take your money?
You can bet the passline with odds after the point is established. Its not for everyone and should be done just for fun really.
Its the only game you have some hands on influence in what happens. Its also the only game with a wolf pack of dealers who regardless of appearance do not want you to win. As much as i love craps most don't . Of the 150 people I work with I'm only aware of 2 or 3 guys who even play on occasion.Also enjoy our two Maltese, movies at home, dining out,boating,fishing,snorkeling clear ĺakes and rivers, getting a quick couple of PC games ,flying sport kite,rock hounding,and grand kids.20190119_210444.jpg20190115_143750.jpg

Last edited:
I know your question isn't directed at me, but I also like RC cars. Had a local indoor off-road track in town for a while, but it closed. I have a Losi LST2 that I converted to electric, Losi 8ight-E 2.0 buggy, Losi 8ight-E 3.0 buggy, Losi 8ightT-E 2.0 truggy, and a few 1/10 scaled buggies. Ever since the track closed mine have pretty much been sitting and collecting dust, but I'm probably gonna revive them this spring.

Cool!

Reactions: Corey
METAL DETECTING, Been detecting for 5 years now, over $10,000 in clad, 160 gold rings, and 230 silver rings (JUST PARKS ONLY ), I saw a guy flying his drone one day and here I am, honesty kind of lost interest in Metal Detecting

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I enjoy riding my ATV (the deeper the better), and my Harley Road Glide (nothing like I ride my ATV)
037e4e68960c8c2732d7e6b1914db3cb.jpg
Beautiful Road Glide! Here's my Street Glide Special.

IMG_20181010_211227_834.jpg

Building racing quads, learning to fly wings, riding and ham radio.

Attachments

• IMG_20190113_003358_631.jpg
    IMG_20190113_003358_631.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20181116_161218.jpg
    20181116_161218.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 20
  • 20170430_150820.jpg
    20170430_150820.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20180721_221728_396.jpg
    IMG_20180721_221728_396.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
We'll I see I'm not very special in this group, with photography being my gateway drug into drones. I also love shooting, boondock camping, traveling, and doing just about anything with our two male rottweilers.

We love to travel, and have been rethinking every previous vacation to date, from an arial perspective. For example, imagine overheads from Montefioralle:

Montefioralle, Tuscany, Italy by Tim Walden, on Flickr

or Civita di Banoreggio:

Civita_20171018_01062 by Tim Walden, on Flickr

Or Lauterbrunnen:

IMG_2015_06_06_3594a by Tim Walden, on Flickr

Ayyy!!! We have to redo them all. :D

That’s funny, cause that’s what got me into flying drones as well..
Same here. Been a photographer for just about 30 years and always loved shooting from aircraft,but now that I have the Mavic it just opens up so many more possibilities. shooting with the Mavic has renewed my enthusiasm for photography.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2