DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"best" 4-battery charging hub available February 2019?

troark

Reactions
First timer,
There are quite a few options, so would appreciate suggestions on which hub you think is best, meaning you have used it and it works well.

TIA

I use the DJI charging hub. Does the job and never had any problems with it. Like any charging hub, it doesn't charge the batteries faster.

1550679277212.png

If you want to save a few bucks, you could buy the Yx charging hub. It'll do the same job for about half the price.

First timer,
There are quite a few options, so would appreciate suggestions on which hub you think is best, meaning you have used it and it works well.

TIA
Are you wanting just a basic charging hub or one that will charge all your batteries at the same time. The ones that @msinger showed above only charge one battery at a time, starting with the one requiring the least amount of charge. There are other models by 3rd parties that charge simultaneously and have a good safety features built on. Down side is they'll be a little bulkier and cost more. Upside, you'll be flying quicker. Another alternative would be something like the Smatree Portable Charging Station. It's WAY more expensive and only charges 3 batteries at a time but, it has something like a 14,000mah battery built in with extra usb port and will charge between 5 and 8 batteries on the go depending on how low you get them

I've been eyeing this one as I really like this guys quality reviews on youtube and he raved about the ability of this for the Mavic 2 Pro, it's supposed to be just as good for the Mavic Air: Mavic Air Home Charger

Here is another similar one on Amazon.
Fstop Labs Mavic Battery Charger

Another alternative would be something like the Smatree Portable Charging Station, Amazon. It's WAY more expensive and only charges 3 batteries at a time, and as bulky but, it has something like a 14,000mAh battery built in with extra usb port and will charge between 5 and 8 batteries on the go depending on how low you get them. Plus you can just plug it in and charge like a normal dock at home. Smatree Portable Charing Station for Mavic Air

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jalatta
Are you wanting just a basic charging hub or one that will charge all your batteries at the same time. The ones that @msinger showed above only charge one battery at a time, starting with the one requiring the least amount of charge. There are other models by 3rd parties that charge simultaneously and have a good safety features built on. Down side is they'll be a little bulkier and cost more. Upside, you'll be flying quicker. Another alternative would be something like the Smatree Portable Charging Station. It's WAY more expensive and only charges 3 batteries at a time but, it has something like a 14,000mah battery built in with extra usb port and will charge between 5 and 8 batteries on the go depending on how low you get them

I've been eyeing this one as I really like this guys quality reviews on youtube and he raved about the ability of this for the Mavic 2 Pro, it's supposed to be just as good for the Mavic Air: Mavic Air Home Charger

Here is another similar one on Amazon.
Fstop Labs Mavic Battery Charger

Another alternative would be something like the Smatree Portable Charging Station, Amazon. It's WAY more expensive and only charges 3 batteries at a time, and as bulky but, it has something like a 14,000mAh battery built in with extra usb port and will charge between 5 and 8 batteries on the go depending on how low you get them. Plus you can just plug it in and charge like a normal dock at home. Smatree Portable Charing Station for Mavic Air

Hope this helps.
The only one I currently have is the exact same one @msinger showed above, just the basic, one at a time charging hub. I have however, been looking into the other ones I've mentioned for quite some time now and will probably be going with this for starters Mavic Air Home Charger to get all my batteries charged plus remote and tablet, simultaneously back at home, and fast. I would also love to have that Smatree portable charger also. Thats what I'm going for but again these are the more expensive of the options. You've gotta choose if you want a basic charger, one that charges everything at the same time for more money, or a portable/hub option for even more money.

I use the charger that I got with the Mavic Air fly more combo. It has four battery ports but charges each battery one at a time. The charging brick also has 2 usb ports, so I can charge my tablet and controller with it also.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I use the Thor rapid battery charger for the Mavic air. Can charge all four of my batteries at once and the controller from one of the 2 USB ports. Unfortunately, Drone World, where I bought it from, is no longer in business.

I use Smatree Portable Charing Station for Mavic Air: it charges 3 batteries SIMULTANEOUSLULY.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dipshot