DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Android Tablet for Dji Go 4

Any idea if a Dell Venue 7 would work? Been offered one,but not sure. ....
I don't know. It's not a commonly used device and it's on the lower end performance-wise.

What do you think about this tablet Asus ZenPad S 8 (Z580CA)? will it work with dji go4?

I had a Z580C (slower processor than the Z580CA) that was great with my old Phantom Standard and DJI Go (not Go 4). When I tried it with the Mavic and DJI Go 4 there was a lot of lag. Too much to keep. I sold it and bought a Z580CA (ebay) but the seller shipped me another Z580C. I dealt with that hassle (with ebay's help) but near that time my old BlackBerry phone was replaced with an iPhone 6S and it worked perfectly with the Mavic and DJI Go 4. This pointed me to getting an iPad Mini 2. It worked well but was not the best for me. Not having micro SD support was big, no good easy screen recorder was important, and getting my files to OneDrive was slow (no idea why).

I bought a new Shield K1 on ebay. It has been perfect. I did not upgrade to Android 7. It has not crashed once on 10 flights, no lag, uploads from micro SD to OneDrive are fast, and easy screen recording (I record every flight so I can look back at what was happening in DJI Go 4 during flights).

I could not be happier for now. It has been a long enough test, the iPad Mini 2 is heading to ebay.

Sorry I can't really help with the Z580CA. The Z580C was about perfect but so many people liked the Shield K1 I couldn't justify risking hassles with a 2nd attempt at a Z580CA for about the same price as the Shield K1.

Why not let us put a list with recommended android devices by the actual experiences of mavic owners??

No, you announce it repeatedly, but you don't do it there. Mavic is not Phantom: It has a special controller, uses the new ocusync and it needs dji go 4.
All tablets max 200mm wide and max 9mm thick will fit in the original rc-clamps.
A cheap Mediatek-quadcore cpu with 1 GHz has not enough power to decode the mpg-live-stream and overlay the systemdata (the dji-software seems to use cpu instead of gpu for that...). A quadcore with at least 1,5 GHz or a newer octacore should be sufficient (when it has at least 1GB RAM). A bright 7 inch display with 1280x800 pixels is good, full hd ist better. Every tablet meeting these criteria should work. Let's create a list of tablets usable with Mavic

Reactions: EsiMavic
What do you think are the criteria?
I don't know of a set of standard criteria that always works -- which is why I created this list in the first place. It's a list of mobile devices that people are actually using with DJI GO. The list applies to people using Mavics, Phantoms, Inspires, Osmos, etc.

Reactions: Bunny Too
There must be a set of standard criteria for the given topic "best" android tablet for dji go 4. And it's definitely not true that all tablets with the mentioned criteria don't work with Mavic dji go 4 and mavic. Be precise!

And it's definitely not true that all tablets with the mentioned criteria don't work with Mavic dji go 4 and mavic.
Of course not. Again, that's why I maintain my list. Since DJI doesn't recommend many tablets, I keep track of those that are working well for other people.

Dji made big changes in version 4.0.6 of the app. It now works without videodecoding problems on my cheap chinese Teclast P70 LTE Phablet with 1GHz Mediatek quadcore and 1 GB RAM under android 5.1, what it didn't with earlier versions. It also works with version 4.0.7.

I can also confirm, that dji go4 runs on Huawei Mediapad T2 7inch (Android 5.1.1) - but i send that back while it has 3 times the price of the Teclast without being 3 times better or faster...

I' m on the way to order and test another cheap 7inch phablet, that should work a little better than the Teclast while is has an 1,2 GHz Intel-Quadcore.

Both cheap chinese Phablet are equipped with a fairly good 1280 x 800 pixel IPS-screen. The Teclasts display is really bright and useable in sunlight, and i expect the Excelvan R718 has the same panel.

Best regards
Jan

Last edited:
I just got these brackets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WD81PLL/ to use with my Huewei Mediapad M3. The S-Holder on Etsy is similar in concept, but does not have the lanyard. The brackets I got allow your hands to go under the tablet along the curvy part of the bracket, and grab the controller in a very natural way without much obstruction from the tablet at all.

These just arrived yesterday. I did fire up the app and turned on the MP, and all seems to work with this tablet, but I have not flown with the tablet yet (I've been using an LG V20 phone). I'll report back, but my guess is that the processor on this is definitely sufficient for this purpose. Unfortunately, the screen is not as bright as my OLED Samsung Tab S 10.5, but that seems awfully big for this purpose, and given it is going on 3 years old, the battery life on the Samsung is not great (even though I have replaced it). The Huawei battery is great for normal usage.

I am probably going to be looking for a nice sun visor for the Mediapad M3, but it seems the 8.4 inch screen is a bit non-standard, and the 7.9 inch visors will not be wide enough. I'll snap some pictures of the tablet with the bracket and post back.

I just got these brackets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WD81PLL/ to use with my Huewei Mediapad M3. The S-Holder on Etsy is similar in concept, but does not have the lanyard. The brackets I got allow your hands to go under the tablet along the curvy part of the bracket, and grab the controller in a very natural way without much obstruction from the tablet at all.

These just arrived yesterday. I did fire up the app and turned on the MP, and all seems to work with this tablet, but I have not flown with the tablet yet (I've been using an LG V20 phone). I'll report back, but my guess is that the processor on this is definitely sufficient for this purpose. Unfortunately, the screen is not as bright as my OLED Samsung Tab S 10.5, but that seems awfully big for this purpose, and given it is going on 3 years old, the battery life on the Samsung is not great (even though I have replaced it). The Huawei battery is great for normal usage.

I am probably going to be looking for a nice sun visor for the Mediapad M3, but it seems the 8.4 inch screen is a bit non-standard, and the 7.9 inch visors will not be wide enough. I'll snap some pictures of the tablet with the bracket and post back.

Where are these pictures :p I was looking forward to your review on this tablet!

I had a Z580C (slower processor than the Z580CA) that was great with my old Phantom Standard and DJI Go (not Go 4). When I tried it with the Mavic and DJI Go 4 there was a lot of lag. Too much to keep. I sold it and bought a Z580CA (ebay) but the seller shipped me another Z580C. I dealt with that hassle (with ebay's help) but near that time my old BlackBerry phone was replaced with an iPhone 6S and it worked perfectly with the Mavic and DJI Go 4. This pointed me to getting an iPad Mini 2. It worked well but was not the best for me. Not having micro SD support was big, no good easy screen recorder was important, and getting my files to OneDrive was slow (no idea why).

I bought a new Shield K1 on ebay. It has been perfect. I did not upgrade to Android 7. It has not crashed once on 10 flights, no lag, uploads from micro SD to OneDrive are fast, and easy screen recording (I record every flight so I can look back at what was happening in DJI Go 4 during flights).

I could not be happier for now. It has been a long enough test, the iPad Mini 2 is heading to ebay.

Sorry I can't really help with the Z580CA. The Z580C was about perfect but so many people liked the Shield K1 I couldn't justify risking hassles with a 2nd attempt at a Z580CA for about the same price as the Shield K1.
but the z580c fits into the remote controller with the need of adapters...true? your shield is too big for the mavic RC.

The Samsung galaxy tab S4 just came out today, looks like a really cool design. Should have good performance as it has the Snapdragon 835.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61