DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Denoise Plugin for Davinci Resolve needed

redserv

Reactions
hello guys, the subject pretty much says it all. I really love my mavic platinum pro. However my one issue is the flickering that happens every eight frames due to the mavic camera and built in codec. I use davinci resolve studio for my editing, I am looking for a solution to de noise my footage in post. I was looking at Neat Video but unfortunately its almost the same price as DR studio. Has anyone had good success with using a cheaper plugin or can help me get Neat video at a cheaper price? Thanks in advance.

Do you mean you are using the free version of DaVinci Resolve? I recently made the jump to the Studio (paid) version.

You actually already have a noise reduction function. It is on the Color page. It is very CPU-intensive, so I like to do the color grading on one node and then add a serial node with the sharpening and noise reduction. That way, if I want to redo the color grade or replay in real time, I can just hit a key to bypass the sharpen/noise reduction.

Quick reference on how to use it: How to Easily Denoise in DaVinci Resolve (2 Ways)

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 10.12.50 PM.png

You actually already have a noise reduction function. It is on the Color page. It is very CPU-intensive, so I like to do the color grading on one node and then add a serial node with the sharpening and noise reduction. That way, if I want to redo the color grade or replay in real time, I can just hit a key to bypass the sharpen/noise reduction.

Quick reference on how to use it: How to Easily Denoise in DaVinci Resolve (2 Ways)

View attachment 81275
Thank you for this I will have a look

I've been using Davinci since 12.5. I'm now using 16
I have always used the free version.
Beside the denoise function, is the paid version materially better?

Last edited:
I've been using Davinci since 12.5. I'm now using 16
I have always used the free version.
Beside the denoise function, is the paid version materially better?
The paid version also opens up effects like sharpen. But yeah, I paid the $300 almost for just the noise reduction function. Of course, this is good software worth paying for.

I recently started editing and I love DR. It basically does everything. I like that I can pay once and get upgrades forever

The paid version also opens up effects like sharpen. But yeah, I paid the $300 almost for just the noise reduction function. Of course, this is good software worth paying for.
Does the noise reduction make a remarkable difference? Can you share a short clip showing the video with and without the noise reduction? Kind of a before and after video

Does the noise reduction make a remarkable difference? Can you share a short clip showing the video with and without the noise reduction? Kind of a before and after video
Sunrise shot with sharpen/denoise:
Sunrise shot without sharpen/denoise:

Reactions: PAW
Hi Guys. I’m new to this forum. I’m using DR 16b2. I downloaded my M2Pro video and created some cool movies. All excited, I pushed the render button. It fails every time saying “failed to encode video frame”.

I made my project settings and timeline settings equal to the clip frame. I want the final to be 4K so we can watch it on our TV.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, I do not have an answer for this one, @Cheriwphoto. You might want to make a new thread for your issue so that it gets the visibility it needs.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green