DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best DJI Go 4 version for the iPad Mini 4?

Former Member

Reactions
Forgive me if this has been discussed, but can I get an opinion of which DJI Go 4 version people are using on their iPad Mini 4's and how it's working for you? Has anyone updated their Mini to the latest version and have it work flawlessly?

If there is another thread dealing with this question, please feel free to direct me to it.

Thanks!

Rob

I've updated to the latest and it's been a nightmare with the pixelated video, lagging video, and other quirks. The last time I flew, my video settings adjusted to astronomical numbers. I didn't realize it until off the ground. Here is a link to a video from the last flight. Note the telemetry vs the video feed. A rep from DJI on another forum (alleged rep anyway) said the issue was my device being too hot and the app works flawlessly on the mini4.

Reactions: Former Member
I've updated to the latest and it's been a nightmare with the pixelated video, lagging video, and other quirks. The last time I flew, my video settings adjusted to astronomical numbers. I didn't realize it until off the ground. Here is a link to a video from the last flight. Note the telemetry vs the video feed. A rep from DJI on another forum (alleged rep anyway) said the issue was my device being too hot and the app works flawlessly on the mini4.

Thats exactly why I started this thread. Some people are worried about updating their app for this exact reason.

Has anyone rolled back DJI Go for IOS to a prior version?

Reactions: Taylor1430
I have an iPhone X, which has an absurdly powerful processor for the size, and the DJI edit app still lags. Which goes to show how big of a piece of garbage the software is.

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
Using a Mini 4, latest everything, no problems, on my one year old MP.

I was hoping that someone was using current stuff on a mini 4
My old iPad is showing signing of passing on so I bought a mini 4 128 just for the pro . I was hoping that the pair would play well together. My iPhone works fine but I like a bigger screen that the iPads give . I was shocked that when I bought the pro that it worked good with a 4 year old iPad that is maxed out in storage .

My iPad mini 4 had been working fine until the heatwave here in the UK. The iPad gets scarily hot in the mid day sun while flying and the picture from the drone breaks up and stutters. The video saved to the sd card is fine. All goes back to normal when everything has cooled down. I should have tried Litchi but wasn’t planning on a waypoint flight. Maybe next time I’ll fly both to compare.
For reference iPad mini 4 running iOS 11.4.1, DJI Go4.0.8.

I just bought my mini 4 and downloaded it’s only app
Go4
Any idea on what version it will be . It would be the latest . I have not had a chance to go fly and try it out yet . House Reno is stealing my time once home from work

You can find which version of the app you are using from the app. General settings, scroll to the bottom, click on About.
The App Store is currently handing out 4.2.22 and it’s a 422.1MB download.

I’m not home to check the mini but my phone has 4.2.22
What is the number of the newest one

Guess my phone must of did a app update then . I didn’t have auto update shut off .

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but can I get an opinion of which DJI Go 4 version people are using on their iPad Mini 4's and how it's working for you? Has anyone updated their Mini to the latest version and have it work flawlessly?

If there is another thread dealing with this question, please feel free to direct me to it.

Thanks!

Rob

from what I read its version 4.0.8 in which case I have it here ( read last page of thread)

I have fresh older IOS dji app 4 version do you need one?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr