DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best feature of Mavic Air 2 Focus Track explained in detail.

FOCUS TRACK.
In this video I go over all the tracking features contained in Focus Track of Mavic Air 2. These amazing features will help you create amazing cinematic shots without sweat and months of training. Any comments and suggestions welcome.

nice video. I’ll have to check out your channel. I am flying an original Mavic Pro so can’t access this feature but makes the MA2 look more appealing. Also like that you can pan the camera with a finger without inducing yaw.

This is the second video of yours that I have watched. Both very good. Thanks. ...and I'm seeing why people say Polish is so difficult to learn ;)
Thank you for following my vids. Polish is supposed to be one of hardest languages to learn for an adult. It is a bit complicated in places.

You're so spot on about using Focus Track as your camera man. It really does do a good job in keeping the subject in frame, even when manually rotating and changing altitude. I have heard you can use the the finger drag to move the framing of subject via pan and tilt changes and Focus Track will then keep it in that location. I'll try this on the next outing. Another nice feature about Focus Track is once the pin is put down, it can be completely obstructed and still maintain focus on the location. Here's an example I did a few days ago.

Extra points if you can spot the two instances of Heiligenschein (I call it a ghost spot).

Reactions: InvisibleName
FOCUS TRACK.
In this video I go over all the tracking features contained in Focus Track of Mavic Air 2. These amazing features will help you create amazing cinematic shots without sweat and months of training. Any comments and suggestions welcome.
Very good Videos and Explanations! I could NOT find the link to "SUBSCRIBE." Please provide one. Thanks.

Very good Videos and Explanations! I could NOT find the link to "SUBSCRIBE." Please provide one. Thanks.
Please provide and instruction as to how to set up "timed" photos while in active track. Thanks.

You're so spot on about using Focus Track as your camera man. It really does do a good job in keeping the subject in frame, even when manually rotating and changing altitude. I have heard you can use the the finger drag to move the framing of subject via pan and tilt changes and Focus Track will then keep it in that location. I'll try this on the next outing. Another nice feature about Focus Track is once the pin is put down, it can be completely obstructed and still maintain focus on the location. Here's an example I did a few days ago.

Extra points if you can spot the two instances of Heiligenschein (I call it a ghost spot).
Very nicely illustrated. I have had a feeling that once the subject has been "measured" the drone track it's position as by gps coordinates! Your video is an excellent example of that. Great idea. Thanks for your comment and this great example.

I was just about to ask how you did that....... and then you show us! Nice lesson, thanks!

Please provide and instruction as to how to set up "timed" photos while in active track. Thanks.
Thanks for watching.
If you would like to follow my channel here's a link to it's main page where you can press "subscribe" button.
As for timed photos you select icon just above the record button, then photo, and from the mode wheel of the photo mode you select timed icon. I think you need to scroll the icons up and that mode is second to last and next to burst mode.

To subscribe you need to play the clip from youtube (click "Youtube" in the bottom right of clip)

• Wow
Reactions: Ron Caballero CAP
Thanks for watching.
If you would like to follow my channel here's a link to it's main page where you can press "subscribe" button.
As for timed photos you select icon just above the record button, then photo, and from the mode wheel of the photo mode you select timed icon. I think you need to scroll the icons up and that mode is second to last and next to burst mode.
Regretfully, I do not see the link to your main page.

Reactions: Derlisz
Great Video, thanks for the useful information! Hey everyone - I assume this would be a proper thread for this question. I'm planning on purchasing a MA2 next week, one of the main things I will be doing is tracking my dog and his frisbee catches, dock diving etc... I w4had planned to use active track to follow him and/or POI and manually fly....i understand that you can't do more than 30fps at 4k while using active track. Im more interested in 1080p @120 or 240fps for slow motion, when jumping off dock or catching frisbee. Can anyone tell me what the maximum frame rate in 1080p is when using active track??? I'd appreciate any information... thanks in advance!

Great Video, thanks for the useful information! Hey everyone - I assume this would be a proper thread for this question. I'm planning on purchasing a MA2 next week, one of the main things I will be doing is tracking my dog and his frisbee catches, dock diving etc... I w4had planned to use active track to follow him and/or POI and manually fly....i understand that you can't do more than 30fps at 4k while using active track. Im more interested in 1080p @120 or 240fps for slow motion, when jumping off dock or catching frisbee. Can anyone tell me what the maximum frame rate in 1080p is when using active track??? I'd appreciate any information... thanks in advance!

I will have to check that out to be sure but I don't believe it will work with slow mo modes. Also it might not want to follow a dog according to stuff I read before. I have dogs so I can check that as well.

Reactions: Jake M
I'd appreciate that. Yes, I've seen 2 issues with following dogs... or people for that matter... when (generally seems to be sport mode, as sensors are off, drone can inadvertently hit the target) and 2) some have said they can't even select their big dogs as a target... others have said "no issue", so idk..firmware, lighting etc. All comes in to play I'm sure...
Next time you've got your Air 2 powered up, if you could check max frame rate in active track, that would be awesome. Thanks D!

I'd appreciate that. Yes, I've seen 2 issues with following dogs... or people for that matter... when (generally seems to be sport mode, as sensors are off, drone can inadvertently hit the target) and 2) some have said they can't even select their big dogs as a target... others have said "no issue", so idk..firmware, lighting etc. All comes in to play I'm sure...
Next time you've got your Air 2 powered up, if you could check max frame rate in active track, that would be awesome. Thanks D!
I would definitely only use the tracking on an less predictable subject like a dog in a large open space. Always keep you finger on RTH also so you can stop the drone. One press will engage braking. Mind it doesn't stop on the spot. I will try this tomorrow whether permitting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredFulf