DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best feature of Mavic Air 2 Focus Track explained in detail.

I would definitely only use the tracking on an less predictable subject like a dog in a large open space. Always keep you finger on RTH also so you can stop the drone. One press will engage braking. Mind it doesn't stop on the spot. I will try this tomorrow whether permitting.
No doubt, we only do frisbee in a VERY open space...at least when I'd be using the drone. Same at the water... I may be new here, but have been flying copters for 20 years and quads now (hmmm, maybe 2 years...?) its amazing the tech today... used to have to control 3 - 4 channels just to get a chopper to hover. Ive been loving these advances, thanks for the advice and quick response. Would love to know what you find out...lol! Good luck witn the UK weather tomorrow!

No doubt, we only do frisbee in a VERY open space...at least when I'd be using the drone. Same at the water... I may be new here, but have been flying copters for 20 years and quads now (hmmm, maybe 2 years...?) its amazing the tech today... used to have to control 3 - 4 channels just to get a chopper to hover. Ive been loving these advances, thanks for the advice and quick response. Would love to know what you find out...lol! Good luck witn the UK weather tomorrow!
Hi. I have just conducted a little test and it was a complete flop. It would track my large dog in spotlight mode until it moved too quickly. The follow did not work at all unfortunately. The system is tuned for either a vehicles or people. I suppose they could fix this with an update but for now it won't work well or hardly at all.

Hi. I have just conducted a little test and it was a complete flop. It would track my large dog in spotlight mode until it moved too quickly. The follow did not work at all unfortunately. The system is tuned for either a vehicles or people. I suppose they could fix this with an update but for now it won't work well or hardly at all.
Ah, thats terrible news!! Ok, well thank you very much for testing it out.... yeah I imagine that would be an easy update...but - surely doesn't mean they will. Ok, thanks again, enjoy your weekend! Stay safe

Reactions: Derlisz
Ah, thats terrible news!! Ok, well thank you very much for testing it out.... yeah I imagine that would be an easy update...but - surely doesn't mean they will. Ok, thanks again, enjoy your weekend! Stay safe
If this feature is that important to you maybe look into the Skydio 2 instead. I understand they are the go to option for tracking and have a dedicated wearable GPS that helps the drone track you (or your 4 legged friend) even better.
Sorry it's not what you wanted to hear. I would love to be able to track my dogs. I don't know if I would use it a lot but who knows.

If this feature is that important to you maybe look into the Skydio 2 instead. I understand they are the go to option for tracking and have a dedicated wearable GPS that helps the drone track you (or your 4 legged friend) even better.
Sorry it's not what you wanted to hear. I would love to be able to track my dogs. I don't know if I would use it a lot but who knows.
Yup, the skydio is an amazing tracker, but I also like to fly, just for fun even...no video...and speaking of video, slow mo is also pretty big deal for these shots. I mean I've even got decent shots of dog with frisbee just using the mavic like a tripod...im sure with the 1080p 240fps and 120mbs I should be able to get some excellent slow motion even if I need a little zoom...over the water a can really manually control. Well, we shall see what happens...worst case scenario I have another drone to fly that can catch some great slo mo (even if stationary) and 4k video to boot! Well, thanks again, I appreciate your time!

Yup, the skydio is an amazing tracker, but I also like to fly, just for fun even...no video...and speaking of video, slow mo is also pretty big deal for these shots. I mean I've even got decent shots of dog with frisbee just using the mavic like a tripod...im sure with the 1080p 240fps and 120mbs I should be able to get some excellent slow motion even if I need a little zoom...over the water a can really manually control. Well, we shall see what happens...worst case scenario I have another drone to fly that can catch some great slo mo (even if stationary) and 4k video to boot! Well, thanks again, I appreciate your time!
Yes. The slow mo is very impressive. The 240 fps is even to slow for anything I have used to date. I would play it at 4 times the speed so effectively only use 120fps. The drop on picturenqualiry is quite noticable but to be expected. I still have hope that they will improve tracking of non standard subjects. I remember m2p struggling with my on a kayak. It would work but not as well as I hoped. I need the wind to calm down a little before I test that. Not for the drones sake but for me and the kayak. The drone actually eats the wind :) I'm sure you will be happy with your purchase regardless. Skydio is more of a one trick pony in comparison. Take care!

Yes. The slow mo is very impressive. The 240 fps is even to slow for anything I have used to date. I would play it at 4 times the speed so effectively only use 120fps. The drop on picturenqualiry is quite noticable but to be expected. I still have hope that they will improve tracking of non standard subjects. I remember m2p struggling with my on a kayak. It would work but not as well as I hoped. I need the wind to calm down a little before I test that. Not for the drones sake but for me and the kayak. The drone actually eats the wind :) I'm sure you will be happy with your purchase regardless. Skydio is more of a one trick pony in comparison. Take care!
I've been hearing the MA2 is a wind monster, especially for it's size.. but very good for any size really. I'm excited to pick it up. Thanks again for the test! Stay healthy and safe. Good flying!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djionas