DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Frame Rates - Using NTFS(30/60) fps when in PAL(25/50) country?

droobie

Reactions
Are there any issues or quality loss when using 30/60fps when your country is based on PAL 25fps, or you are editing down to 24 or 25 fps?

What sort of quality loss, different result or issues can occur when using this method?

30/60 fps seems more useful than using 24/25/50 fps as I am able to use a slightly higher shutter speed more suitable to my Taco ND filters that gets me better exposure. I would then use those clips in Premiere at 24/25 fps.

The country makes pretty much no difference anymore, all videos are online anyway, all TVs are basically monitors so whatever framerate you shoot in is what you'll see in the end. Just avoid 1080p/60fps on the mavic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavkeb
Since broadcast TV went digital, PAL or alternatives are irrelevant. TV has not been transmitted in PAL for several years.
You can use what is familiar, just beware of mismatching when rendering as it can cause problems in finished ideo.

Agreed with the above. Try to find a shooting mode that works for you, and try not to vary it too much, so that you don’t mess up your workflow with a bunch of different footage. Happy flying.

Thanks for the replies.

When you mean mismatching and keeping it consistent for example.
If you are using a 24fps timeline in premiere.
Ensure your footage you are using are recorded in the same frame rate. eg. mavic = 30fps, gh5 = 30fps, gopro = 30fps, etc.

Or do you mean keep them in the same grouping such as you can record in - footage A = 30, footage B = 60, footage C = 180 but not like footage A = 25, footage B = 24, footage C = 60 fps, etc. and use them in a 24 fps timeline?

@4wrd
What sort of rendering issues do you mean? I have been recording in 25/50p framerate and I am considering shifting to 30/60 but I am concerned because I will most likely mix old footage I have recorded with new footage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman