DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best mounts system for crystalsky 5,5 w/ Mavic Pro

The MavMount has a fully aluminum professional adapter plate coming out in a week. Of course, if ytou already have a MavMount, it will work with the new plate, because we build them to work with any ipad, monitor, or sheild device, from the crystal sky to the 12.9" iPad. And, its balanced.

Reactions: Jamison74
Here's a pic of the prototype of our MavMount Full 6061 aircraft grade aluminum anodized, CNC milled solution. Available hopefully next week.. but here's the prototype for some pics today. Of course this is unfinished, not yet anodized raw aluminum.

The Mavmount is not just a Mavic and Spark tablet holder... it works as a tablet stand by itself because its balanced, even works as a DSLR mount because its balanced correctly. Even works with your Osmo!

Switchable to tablet, cell phone, and now Crystal Sky Monitors. Built professional to last... NO 3D printing TPU plastic here.

Look for the future release of a MavMount to Inspire and Phantom controller adapter too.

20170708_103511-2.jpg 20170708_103521-3.jpg 20170708_103535-4.jpg20170708_093503-1.jpg

Reactions: Hieth
The mounts available above are good but some are either too complicated to install, bulky, or likely heavy.

Can someone 3D print something like this? Aluminum CNC is even better.

The "frame" can stay with the CrystalSky monitor during storage since it is screwed in and attach like a phone when mounting it to the controller. This will be the most portable solution, quick to mount, lightweight, and does not cover the controller screen.

crystalsky mount.png

Last edited:
the mavmount plate is less than 4 ounces. the ballhead is about the same.

that bracket is simple, but then the screen is under the controls, which is alot like having your dashboard under the steering wheel.

the mavmount plate is less than 4 ounces. the ballhead is about the same.

that bracket is simple, but then the screen is under the controls, which is alot like having your dashboard under the steering wheel.

Your mount is almost there. The attachment mechanism to the monitor looks great. If the ball head can be eliminated, that can easily shave the cost by a half or more along with the other advantages that goes with it.

Here's a pic of the prototype of our MavMount Full 6061 aircraft grade aluminum anodized, CNC milled solution. Available hopefully next week.. but here's the prototype for some pics today. Of course this is unfinished, not yet anodized raw aluminum.

The Mavmount is not just a Mavic and Spark tablet holder... it works as a tablet stand by itself because its balanced, even works as a DSLR mount because its balanced correctly. Even works with your Osmo!

Switchable to tablet, cell phone, and now Crystal Sky Monitors. Built professional to last... NO 3D printing TPU plastic here.

Look for the future release of a MavMount to Inspire and Phantom controller adapter too.

View attachment 16853 View attachment 16854 View attachment 16855View attachment 16856
It needs to have quick release. Too much hassle to screw and unscrew every time.

The mounts available above are good but some are either too complicated to install, bulky, or likely heavy.

The "frame" can stay with the CrystalSky monitor during storage since it is screwed in and attach like a phone when mounting it to the controller. This will be the most portable solution, quick to mount, lightweight, and does not cover the controller screen.

View attachment 16898
This is a very good idea. Easy to carry and store. Mavic is compact, accessories need to be compact as well. Screen under the controls is great, rather than blocking the control.

Reactions: TopQuark
If the Mavmount is used with a Spark controller is there room to attach a cable from the monitor via a OTG to the Spark controller? The mini USB receptacle on the Spark controller is in the center of the controller and would seem to be blocked by the Mavmount when it is inserted into the controller arms.

Reactions: tomekdz
If the Mavmount is used with a Spark controller is there room to attach a cable from the monitor via a OTG to the Spark controller?
Tons of room for cables.

20170711_084419.jpg

Reactions: Anthony and Hieth

View attachment 16853 View attachment 16854 View attachment 16855View attachment 16856
I do like the fact you can tilt the screen instead of having to tilt the controller. :)

Reactions: Aerial West
I do like the fact you can tilt the screen instead of having to tilt the controller. :)
Yep, I totally agree: You can't understate the value of a properly positioned screen. My neck would kill me looking straight down below the controller after a flight.

View attachment 16898

I would buy this.

Yep, I totally agree: You can't understate the value of a properly positioned screen. My neck would kill me looking straight down below the controller after a flight.

Dude when did you come out with a 2.0? I just bought mine a month or so ago and I have the bulkier 1.0 version. Not a big deal and quite happy with it but now Im just jealous. Any word on the crystal sky mount? I think I need this in my life so I can get the crystal sky and get rid of the ipad mini 4.

Dude when did you come out with a 2.0? I just bought mine a month or so ago and I have the bulkier 1.0 version. Not a big deal and quite happy with it but now Im just jealous. Any word on the crystal sky mount? I think I need this in my life so I can get the crystal sky and get rid of the ipad mini 4.
The 2.0 launched a while ago. Glad you like the 1.0 though! If you order a CS mount email me, and I'll get ya a mavlock upgrade for a 1.0 for being cool. :)

The MavMount:CS adapter for MavMount actually just went on pre-sale today, and hopefully will ship within 7 days. Just need to finish a couple things and off to anodizing. Here's some pics of the final prototype.

20170718_094954-1.jpg 20170718_095217-2.jpg 20170718_095306-3.jpg 20170718_095419-4.jpg 20170718_112420-1.jpg

Prototype:

20170708_093503-1.jpg

The 2.0 launched a while ago. Glad you like the 1.0 though! If you order a CS mount email me, and I'll get ya a mavlock upgrade for a 1.0 for being cool. :)

The MavMount:CS adapter for MavMount actually just went on pre-sale today, and hopefully will ship within 7 days. Just need to finish a couple things and off to anodizing. Here's some pics of the final prototype.

Prototype:

View attachment 17557

Thats superb news! Let me know how to order or pre order the mount. I will email you once I get my order in. Thanks!

This is working for me. A small cutting board, homemade bracket and photo quick release.

Attachments

• MountA.jpg
    MountA.jpg
    443.3 KB · Views: 204
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS