DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best mounts system for crystalsky 5,5 w/ Mavic Pro

Hi Everyone - My Mav Mount has just arrived and it is a quality piece of kit really well engineered and sits lovely in the controller highly recommended.

AWESOME! So glad you like it! Thanks for the review! i had a heck of as long day shipping orders but as of yesterday everything is caught up. The response to this has been overwhelming in the best way.. and I'm so happy to be getting reviews like this back.

And just a heads up, now that the CS can flip, remember SO CAN YOUR MAVMOUNT! remember it's built to be fully adjustable and adapt to however you want to fly... so if you want to use it like DJI's mount.. simply turn the ballhead around! You can go from the balanced pro setup, to upside down and flipped in a second! just turn the knob on the side to loosen, flip it around, tighten. DONE!

For the price of a DJI mount, you get one that works with all cell phones, tablets, ipads up to 12.9", and is future proof with upgrades like the CS bracket we made as soon as the CS was available.

Also works on a tripod if you want to use the CS as a field monitor, and the Osmo.Also sits flat to be used as a table stand for any of those devices. My girlfriend uses one to hold the iPad when she's looking at recipes on the ipad while cooking.

20170804_095700.jpg

Here is what we saw last, I made a prototype that mimics this to see how it would feel and it was completely balanced. All the weight is in the hand centered.
IMG_0365.JPG

Reactions: kyle76joslin
Here is what we saw last, I made a prototype that mimics this to see how it would feel and it was completely balanced. All the weight is in the hand centered.
View attachment 18857
That may be the case with the 5 inch version, but the 7.85 inch version is much heavier. It will be interesting to see how the extra weight affects the balance while holding onto the controller. With the MavMount the weight is centered above the controller and is well balanced. Don't know if there will be any difference in the long run. I feel either solution will work, so we have the best of both worlds.

Reactions: Aerial West
View attachment 18857
For balance, that wouldn't be at all where you'd want the weight to be, goemetry-wise. Your hand will be flexing to hold it from falling all the time. try the figer test I use. Your finger will be back by the battery... not at all near the controller. not to mention, the screen will be very low.

like I say, thats like having the windshield below the steering sheel.

I made a video of how proper balance for precision flying would be. You'd want the weight above your hand, so that if you open your hand, it would not fall. This would DEFINITELY fall backwards, especially since the screen battery is so heavy.

You could try both with the MavMount.

Last edited:
Both sizes of the screen feel great in the hand. Look at how much less material is used. There will be a noticeable weight difference between the DJI mount and Mavmount. PLUS where the hell are you going to put that big *** mount setup from Mavmount?
The CS mount plugs right into the controller without all that unnecessary aluminum.
Here is a shot with the bigger controller, Production has changed slightly shaving off some more material on the mount bringing it closer to the controller. Only addition i would like to see is an auto rotate function for the screen so I do not have to flip it when swapping to different birds.
IMG_0363.JPG

Both sizes of the screen feel great in the hand. Look at how much less material is used. There will be a noticeable weight difference between the DJI mount and Mavmount. PLUS where the **** are you going to put that big *** mount setup from Mavmount?
The CS mount plugs right into the controller without all that unnecessary aluminum.
Here is a shot with the bigger controller, Production has changed slightly shaving off some more material on the mount bringing it closer to the controller. Only addition i would like to see is an auto rotate function for the screen so I do not have to flip it when swapping to different birds.
View attachment 18858
Where is your cable? Does your mount block the main port on the bottom(top) of the CS, which would require you to use the side port?

That would be silly! Plug and turn on:
IMG_0364.JPG
Actually if the controller is already on when you plug it in, the CS will power on and open the Go app automatically.

Reactions: AMGKid and radman
Ok, now you're talking. If the balance is not an issue, your solution will work. Nice to have two good options from two good vendors.
This is the prototype from DJI. I am not affiliated as a vendor.
I am just a Production Company owner based out of Miami, FL.

Ok, now you're talking. If the balance is not an issue, your solution will work. Nice to have two good options from two good vendors.
Both size screens feel great in my hands with the setup. It is very well balanced and the controller still fits in the GPC case with the attachment.
IMG_0362.JPG

Reactions: kyle76joslin
Glad you posted a picture, this will explain better about controller design ergonomics, and how the shifting of weight below causes your hands to flex, meaning you cant fly with the same precision as a properly balanced controller.

The difference in weight is negligible, but the DJI mount IS made of plastic. The mavmount is aluminum. Plastic is lighter. But just like a backpack, if it is properly balanced, you can carry a weight much heavier than one that is falling backwards off your back. And that design, it wants to fall backwards.

But of course, most people fly with a lanyard.

if that's your preference, cool. Many people like the cell phone under the controller, but of course many want their setup like the professional Inspire 1 and 2 drones, etc. And both ways are just preference. Id love to show you the difference some day. I think you'd really like it.

balance.jpg

Last edited:
Both sizes of the screen feel great in the hand. Look at how much less material is used. There will be a noticeable weight difference between the DJI mount and Mavmount. PLUS where the **** are you going to put that big *** mount setup from Mavmount?
View attachment 18858

So far the OEM mounts have been great. What bothers me about the Mavic mount is that the mounting bracket on the RC is fixed with what appears to be bolts which won't be convenient to undo if you want to keep is a slim and just use it with a phone OR the CS screen.
I have a mount that clips in like a phone would BUT uses the DJI bracket for the phantom RCs.

Reactions: cvanhoose
So far the OEM mounts have been great. What bothers me about the Mavic mount is that the mounting bracket on the RC is fixed with what appears to be bolts which won't be convenient to undo if you want to keep is a slim and just use it with a phone OR the CS screen.
I have a mount that clips in like a phone would BUT uses the DJI bracket for the phantom RCs.
MavMount uses the same screws as the dji plastic mount. they both need to be attached that way.

20170727_144011.jpg

Reactions: perry081064
I agree. although I will never use the phone or iPad for the Mavic again, I would still like an fast solution to unmount the bracket. Could be as easy as replacing the alan heads with a small wingspan bolt.

mavMount uses the same screws as the dji mount. they both need to be attached that way.

View attachment 18863
I meant the way the base dock appears to be attached to the Mavic RC in the official DJI mount we have seen the prototypes of.
The base unit seems to be bolted through the closed grips of the RC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98