DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Nd filters for Mavic air?

The best IMHO are the PolarPro filters, you can find them HERE ON AMAZON

The Neewer filters are decent, The aren't quite as good optically, my images weren't quite as sharp in the corners but for the price they are good. I also purchased these ND32 and ND64's for daytime long exposures of water, they are great too.

Freewell makes some good filters too. I have them and polar pro. I use both and haven’t seen a huge difference in image quality between them.

Polar pro comes in a great small package for keeping them with you and the build quality is superb.

Freewell come in a decent package for portability build quality is decent but you get more filters for your money.

Both produce great images when used correctly.

Polar Pro Cinema series (Or Vivid series for polarized). They are built well, have no noticeable impact on image quality, and have better anti-reflective coatings to minimize the chance of a reflection ruining your footage. IMHO they are cheap enough that there is no reason not to buy some of the best, but YMMV. Another thing to consider is that in addition to softening the image, some cheap filters can introduce a color cast to your images that can be difficult to correct. If going with an unknown brand, you also want to make sure their weight is such that they do not interfere with the gimbal operation.

In regards to polar pro filters, whats the difference in the cinematic filters compared to the regular?

In regards to polar pro filters, whats the difference in the cinematic filters compared to the regular?

The "Cinema" Series has 16 anti-reflection coatings (8 on each side of the glass) for better flare resistance and they use higher quality optical glass. Any time you add a lens and put another layer of glass into the mix, your chance of flare and reflections increase. On the Mavic Air, the stock ring you remove to use ND filters actually has no glass in it, so you are adding a lens element to the mix when you use a ND filter. The "Vivid" series are polarized Cinema Series filters.

The "Standard" filters use a lower grade glass and do not have the multi-coatings. All have lifetime warranty and aluminium bodies, and all are available in PL or non-PL.

The UV filter is rather useless, as UV filters were designed primarily for film and do not do the same thing with digital sensors (in fact they can sometimes introduce subtle color casts), but it would act as a protective filter on top of the stock Mavic Air camera glass if you were flying in a harsher environment.

For the relatively tiny price difference (relative to the drone anyway) I would go with the Cinema series. Entirely up to you of course if you think you will get value out of the better ones.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000