DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best present...ever

Londroner

Reactions
Who, on your birthday, would be awesome enough to give you a Mavic Pro Fly More combo set? Well. no one in my family, that's for sure. So I went out and bought it for myself! Best present ever!

Now the Mavic is sitting on my desk daring me to do something with it but I've only read the manual twice, once more is the accepted wisdom I've gained from this forum. I now have a strange urge to put it in a glass case and just admire it for the next few years. ;)

My friends wife bought him a Mavic for his birthday. I could not wait to see if I would get one for my birthday (doubtful) so I bought my own :)

Who, on your birthday, would be awesome enough to give you a Mavic Pro Fly More combo set? Well. no one in my family, that's for sure. So I went out and bought it for myself!

I got myself one for my birthday as well, the few days it took to read the manual twice almost killed me and I still crashed it a week after I got it!

Bought a replacement so my wife wouldn't find out, read the manual once more and haven't crashed it.

Reading that manual that third time might be the key.

The good news is, I bought mine in January, and that feeling that you have of wanting to just stick it in a glass case and stare and admire it: it never goes away. I always have mine in plain sight in our living room so I can respect it's awesomeness. I'd probably sleep in my bed with Droney if I weren't afraid of rolling over in the night and hurting him.
(And... my wife would leave me. )

Congrats on your new toy - and Happy Birthday!

NEVER give in to the temptation to fly it indoors!

The good news is, I bought mine in January, and that feeling that you have of wanting to just stick it in a glass case and stare and admire it: it never goes away. I always have mine in plain sight in our living room so I can respect it's awesomeness. I'd probably sleep in my bed with Droney if I weren't afraid of rolling over in the night and hurting him.
(And... my wife would leave me. )

Congrats on your new toy - and Happy Birthday!

NEVER give in to the temptation to fly it indoors!
Not even a little bit, TrayBoz? ;)

I wish there was a hobby that was cheap, I first started off with Nitro cars when I was younger. Now that I am 40yrs old I can afford more expensive grown up toys. I was into high end audio and have several pairs of custom in ear monitors that cost $1200 a pair. Then I got into photography that I am still into, and any good lens cost upwards from $500 to thousands. Now the Mavic and I have to say it's fine piece of advanced technology. Who would have thought we could fly a remote controlled drone hundreds of feet away with a live video feed being controlled by GPS. The Mavic isn't cheap by itself, I have already bought so many accessories and have't even flown it yet.

I am Sunglass darling. I have a variety of sunglasses of various shape, size and shading. I want to wear sunglasses without fail. So on this birthday, my family gifted me Sunglasses keeping rack, prior I keep sunglasses in an individual case. Presently I didn't confront the issue with that. I had begun keeping my Wholesale Designer Sunglasses in that rack. Thanks to my family.

I did the same for my 41st birthday last June. Best present ever!! My wife saw me so happy that she decided to contribute some funds to the "investment" after I had bought it... win win win!

My wife bought me my first real Quadcopter. (Notice I do not call it a negative sounding "Drone") She knows I needed an outlet ever since I sold my beloved Triumph TR6 to fund the house remodel. I am working her over for the Titan Drones Tactical case. I already have that in the bag, but waiting to pay off some bills. I'm 47 myself.

My wife bought me my first real Quadcopter. (Notice I do not call it a negative sounding "Drone") She knows I needed an outlet ever since I sold my beloved Triumph TR6 to fund the house remodel. I am working her over for the Titan Drones Tactical case. I already have that in the bag, but waiting to pay off some bills. I'm 47 myself.
Yeah that case is nice not the price, I have a problem with bags and cases for my camera gear. I actually have over 26 differant cases, backpacks, and slings.

When I told my wife I was buying myself a Mavic, she said she wanted to buy it for me. I told her it was too expensive but she insisted. It is for my upcoming birthday and for Christmas.

I've had it for a couple of weeks but due to other commitments I haven't flown it yet. Everything is charged and ready to go. Maybe this weekend is the time. I'm in Sydney, Australia.

You will enjoy it Silverex. Just familiarize yourself with the manual and start off in beginner mode. Its easy to fly. On that note, don't be tempted to fly indoors. Crazy crap happens!

Reactions: superdave5050
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3