DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Setting for Camera and Video (if not doing any Post Work)

mosszaphod

Reactions
Hello,

I just bought my Mavic Pro (I currently own a Phantom 3 Adv) and I love it. I flew it for the first time today. I was not very happy with the pictures & Video compared to my Phantom 3. The color does not look sharp, but looks dull and kind of blah. I have watched a ton of videos on YouTube, but most tell the best way to set up your camera / video for if you plan to do POST work later on. I would like to know the best settings for someone who wants the best possible color / sharpness / White Balance, etc WITHOUT having to do any Post work and that look the best.

Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

None setting can look fine in good light, beware of under-exposing.
To me it often looks too contrasty and saturated so maybe drop those down a point in the style settings
Cinelike is often recommended but I find it can look strangely purple and green shades are not quite right either.

I recommend using MWB and the D-Cinelike color settings. Using ND Filters and manual shutter speeds to get a great image.

I recommend using MWB and the D-Cinelike color settings. Using ND Filters and manual shutter speeds to get a great image.

Do you like D-Cinelike if you are not doing any Post Editing though? As I thought most who want to do post do D-Log or Cine?

I thought the new firmware update 2 weeks ago completely fixed D-LOG format? Also did you make sure you tapped to focus?

Hello,

I just bought my Mavic Pro (I currently own a Phantom 3 Adv) and I love it. I flew it for the first time today. I was not very happy with the pictures & Video compared to my Phantom 3. The color does not look sharp, but looks dull and kind of blah. I have watched a ton of videos on YouTube, but most tell the best way to set up your camera / video for if you plan to do POST work later on. I would like to know the best settings for someone who wants the best possible color / sharpness / White Balance, etc WITHOUT having to do any Post work and that look the best.

Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

hi mosszaphod,

my opinion is:

very important: never use auto WB! never! if the weather condition is sunny, choose sunny. if cloudy, choose cloudy. auto WB is a ****.

i saw some videos from Ed "starred-eyes" Ricker on the youtube and i followed his advice. i do not regret ;) in premiere pro i just cut the raws, never touch the colors, sharpness, contrast, etc.

but it is just my opinion. everybody have to choose the best settings what is nice for himself ;)

Reactions: ckizer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections