DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best smart phone

Claremarie

Reactions
Hi what smart phones are people using and what smart phone seems to be the least problematic. My Samsung J5 does not work very well at all. Upgrade needed just don't know what.

Reactions: Claremarie
My primary phone is a Galaxy S9+; but, I have been using an older Galaxy S7 dedicated to the drone. I took most ever app off except the DJI software. I have a Galaxy Tab A that I am going to try. It has a 10.1 inch screen. I hope it is not too large.

No need to break the bank. Moto G4/5/6 are phenomenal phones for the price.
Do you use your moto for flying your drone if so which one? Do you have other apps on and running on the phone and how does it manage.

I have tried Nexus 7 tablet. Last night while flying it was loosing some video but connection was good. I have also used a dedicated Galaxy S5. Only issues is when switching between Litchi and DJIGo 4. I need to go in every time and force stop the app and clear the defaults. I have also found that I can not connect with the side USB on the remote to the S5, I have to connect via the bottom USB on remote. That makes the plug to the device stick out between my fingers. I just ordered a right angle cable from Amazon to fix this. I am also due for an upgrade. I am a Samsung Android user (Phone and Tablet) I switched from iPhone since the iPhone 3gs. I do not want to switch back to Apple but seriously considering for more enjoyable flights from what I have been reading and researching.

Even a 135$ Chinese S8 clone (Meiigoo S8) works like a charm with a big bright screen, better than any screen I saw in sunlinght. I have a Samsung S8 as well but the cheapo screen is much better.
Certainly no need to shell out 600-900$ for a Samsung or iPhone.

Even a 135$ Chinese S8 clone (Meiigoo S8) works like a charm with a big bright screen, better than any screen I saw in sunlinght. I have a Samsung S8 as well but the cheapo screen is much better.
Certainly no need to shell out 600-900$ for a Samsung or iPhone.
Any video interruptions or signal loss?

Iphone and Ipad.

I have a Samsung Galaxy J3 and it works perfectly. It's only 60USD at Walmart.

Do you use your iPhone SE to fly your drone and do you use the iPhone for anything else?

Yeah I use the iPhone se all the time to fly. Especially when I am wanting to travel lite and forgo carrying my iPad mini 4 and the mounts.
The processing power of the se is amazing. There is know pixilation and the app never crashes. The only drawback is that the screen is so small. But it is very bright.

I use a Samsung S8 with no problems
I use it as a general purpose phone and have not cleared any thing of to use with MP

Do you use your moto for flying your drone if so which one? Do you have other apps on and running on the phone and how does it manage.
I started using Moto G first gen with a few apps deleted to make some spare space. It worked but was a bit sluggish so am now using G6 plus which has great specs for the money and runs.the app like lightning. As you will know if you are a fan of these phones, they all run a near vanilla version of Android so no doubt this helps run the software without glitches.

Reactions: Thwyllo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka