DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Tablets For Mavic Pro?

I just got a ipad mini 5 (wifi only).
I would like to use this as a dedicated device to fly my Mavic Pro.
What cable do I need, do I need to download maps ahead of time and will this wifi only ipad mini 5 work as it does not have a GPS chip?

Thank you all in advance.

Simba

You said you prefer the ipad mini 5, but can you tell me if a regular ipad 10.2" will fit into the M2P remote control in the horizontal position or would it need a mount? Thanks.
Many of the readers of this thread will have no idea as it is not an M2P thread. If the M2P controller is anything like the Mavic Pro controller you’ll need a mount!

M2 controller same dimensions etc as the M1 . . . the iPad mini 4 or 5 is largest apple device to fit into the arms.
Either gives a great view with lots of telemetry and other settings visible, and not clutter up the flight view.
No mount required, but sports mode button can be difficult to operate without one.

You will need a longer cable, I use a Thors Drone World 'Connecthor' cable.

OTG Micro USB ConnecThor Video Feed Cable | thors-drone-world

They are sprung coiled cable that is out of the way, yet plenty of reach for using on a mount with larger devices.

Reactions: yawyaw33
I just got a ipad mini 5 (wifi only).
I would like to use this as a dedicated device to fly my Mavic Pro.
What cable do I need, do I need to download maps ahead of time and will this wifi only ipad mini 5 work as it does not have a GPS chip?

Thank you all in advance.

Simba
Yes, the mini 5 will work even without a gps chip. The drone will supply its own position as long as you allow it to pick up enough satelites. You won’t be able to update the Home Point to be the location of the controller or use the follow the controller mode. Yes, you’ll have to download maps before you fly unless you can tether your iPad to a phone hotspot to supply the data needed.
Many pilots use a standard USB to lightning cable connected to the lower USB port of the controller. A 30cm USB to right angled lightning cable gives you the option of using a mount if you decide a tablet with bigger display is needed.

Reactions: simbaboy
I have Ipad Mini 5 and Samsung S20+ and Iphone 8, Galaxy Flip 3, and Tripltek Pro.
I tried the DJI Goggle's and sold them.
I was going to buy crystal sky but that dont run DJI Fly for my Mini. (I own Mini and Mavic Pro)

My go too is Tripltek Pro, no more sun shields and can run DJI Go and Fly!

I use a old n busted Sprint slate 8 piece of garbage / Mavic pro. It works great most times. There is a sitt ton of R.F. here. The problems only occure when choosing a select signal to be on. If you can choose a good band to use. You are gold!! If not? You have very bad scramble ! .... it has no problems in the country!! Usually the lower the better! My note 5 is always great !!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada