DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Value Safe Case for Aussies

I sprayed it inside the cutouts and on top of the foam. Nothing peeling off yet and Ive had it about a year. Just start out with light coats first then start to get thicker at about coat 3 or 4. Once you are done it looks like one bit of foam. All the pick n pluck lines disappear.

Ive just purchased a hot knife and hot wire cutter so i might do V2 soon.
Just waiting to see if the mavic pro2 will be worth getting before I redo the mavic pro insert

OK, so I have glued the pick n pluck middle section to the base section and have given it one coat so far, hopefully can get it finished today. Will post pics of the finished product.
Thanks for all the tips @matth1000 ThumbswayupThumbswayup

View attachment 32677
Awesome tip. Do you spray just the top or all inside the cut-uts too? Will it come off, as in flake away?
I spent a couple of hours last night cutting out everything and I think it is pretty good so far, I actually used the piece of foam that came in Mavic box to hold the Mavic itself and then the pick n pluck foam everywhere else. Ipad just sits on r/h/s and is held firmly in place by the piece of eggshell foam in lid

Great work mate ..!

So here is the finished product after spraying with Plastic Dip. It really makes a difference to the pick and pluck foam keeping it all together. Very happy with the way it turned out

Attachments

• 15201597166081242693410.jpg
    15201597166081242693410.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Reactions: Baggins
Yeah goes all right hey. Ive done a few custom inserts for equipment at work and turns out really well. It makes tje the pick and pluck foam really hardy.

I have one of those for my Spark, it is very good. sadly won't work for my MP, too much extra stuff to fit. if you are using the out-of-box Flymore combo you will be very happy with what you get.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11