DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best way to hook up iPad Pro

John_P007

Reactions
hi everyone,

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am extremely new with drones.

So my question, Its a pain taking my case off my iPhone 7+ every time I want to use my Mavic Air so I’m thinking about using my iPad Pro. Question is obviously the stock lightning wire won’t reach if I use iPad to is there any advantage/disadvantage useing the center usb connector instead of the one on the side that the iPhone is currently hooked up to? I’m talking battery draining quicker one way over other, holding connections, etc.... again I’m sorry if this is a dumb question.

I believe that is the one you're supposed to use if you want to hook up a tablet.

is there any advantage/disadvantage useing the center usb connector instead of the one on the side that the iPhone is currently hooked up to?
No.

Down load the DJI app to the pro.
Unplug the iPhone cable from remote.
Plug in a lightning cable to the back of remote and iPad.

Then,Go fly.
Screen on iPad Pro beats a iPhone

yes you can use your iPad with the USB of the RC
Apple Ios devices will not drain RC battery
you will need a tablet holder for the iPad which you can find in amazon

Last edited:
Thanks everyone I already have the iPad holder ordered from Amazon my question was more about recommended lightning wire to remote you guys recommend.

I just bought the PGYTECH holder which isn't bad but is a little difficult to access the control sticks and vision of screen is impossible.
I like the Lifthor style but it doesn't look very balanced. The MavMount looks a sensational design but again it looks to impede the screen on the remote so if I am to upgrade, I'm torn between the Lifthor and MavMount. Would love to be able to see/try both of these before forking over the cash for something I'm not going to be totally happy with

I purchased a 1ft lightning to micro usb cable from amazon for under ten. Plug into the side of the remote with it and the cable stays out of the way.

I purchased a 1ft lightning to micro usb cable from amazon for under ten. Plug into the side of the remote with it and the cable stays out of the way.

Does the iOS device charge while plugged in? I'm just thinking it might unnecessarily drain power from the RC transmitter.

Does the iOS device charge while plugged in? I'm just thinking it might unnecessarily drain power from the RC transmitter.

Plugged into the side of the controller via lightning to usb micro it began to charge both my iPhone 6 and my iPad Air 2. Plugged into the usb to lightning on the bottom of the controller neither started charging.

Looks like I will be getting a one foot usb lightning cable to eliminate the controller charging the device.

Plugged into the side of the controller via lightning to usb micro it began to charge both my iPhone 6 and my iPad Air 2. Plugged into the usb to lightning on the bottom of the controller neither started charging.

Looks like I will be getting a one foot usb lightning cable to eliminate the controller charging the device.

I'm sorry I don't know enough to understand what you're talking about. If it can help me avoid power drain I'd like to know.

Okay, I will try. As far as I can tell if you plug your device into the left side of the controller, it will charge your phone/tablet using the controller battery. If you plug the phone/tablet into the USB port on the underside of the controller it will not drain the battery in the controller.

Thanks everyone I already have the iPad holder ordered from Amazon my question was more about recommended lightning wire to remote you guys recommend.

If you are using a tablet you connect USB to bottom of controller

I am having a difficult time trying to find a short cable that will plug into my iPad Pro type "C" connector with the standard 3.0 USB connector on the bottom of my Mavic 2 Pro controller.
Most I find are charging cables, I am thinking it should be for data transfer only?
Any help here?

Thank you

Most cables so both, I use the one I charge with and works fine. I'm using 12.9 pro

Reactions: Watash48
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum