DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best way to transport / carry?

Hi Buel,
I have been taking rc quadcopters, trucks, buggys, planes, wings, and even trains with me or mailed ahead of time for many years.
The best "case" if you are going to be traveling, would be a good hard case that keeps each piece of equipment in its own little spot. Also, you want it to have several locking mechanisms not just one and a spot or spots to provide 1 or 2 locks (I like the rotating number locks that don't require keys), and finally water proofness, if you are going to be on a boat a lot or around water... Now, you can completely water proof your bird so you dont need to ever worry about it,, but you can google that one. I now also use a tiny working GPS in case my case gets jacked or lost, I can find/locate where it is exactly at the press of a button and be ready ahead of time (stretch out or find a good weapon) to get it back or just kindly ask the receptionist at baggage claim that you have a black case about 3 meters from where you are standing and would like it back. The gps units are inexpensive now as to what they used to be and you can buy a single use calling card to activate your GPS for a month.
Now if you are hiking, touring a city, or what have you, a backpack with a hard enclosure that has several velcro tie down straps are awesome. What you want is something that will not allow your stuff to move around and get damaged. The soft bags are good if you are walking out of your car and to a park bench. But if you are really huffin it, don't chance breaking anything cause you will regret it and not be able to get those sweet azz shots. Good luck ? I've gotta go...
Hey man, really appreciate your help on this, that was awesome advice. Thank you, my friend!!

This is what I am using now... purchased from amazon for about $35...
560987EB-19A2-47EC-BD8D-E9606E0E7801.jpeg

Attachments

• B7FCF1F8-7644-4F31-BEDA-627EC3D0CE7D.jpeg
    B7FCF1F8-7644-4F31-BEDA-627EC3D0CE7D.jpeg
    330.2 KB · Views: 17
There is a nice topic on DIY cases at Case and landing gear with lots of great ideas, including my home brewed case mod :) I prefer a case where you can store the MM unfolded, so 0% chance of bending the props.

Last edited:
After much research and a few returns (As they were poor) ended up with this. Proper waterproof, fits everything (inc UK plug) as small as I could find and got it for a good price, around £30. 44E38546-40F5-4ADA-A701-2371965668E7.png

I use the FlyMore Combo case that it came in, with a Ipad mini 4 that fits perfectly on top of everything. Have had no problems with it.
Love the Mini.

Reactions: SouthButNotOut
As wonderful as DJI drone designs are, their accessories and peripherlals could use some additional thought. As I read about the Mini's Fly More case to be a little tight the same can be said for the Fly More case for the Mavic 2 Pro. Yet the Fly More case from the M2P accomodates the Mini perfectly, complete with controller, batteries, gimblal hood, range extenders and everything you'd need short of chargers. I'm not so sure why DJI couldn't design bags with a little more breathing room. I guess Naugas in China are an endagered species, thus the conservation of Nauga hides.

Another option is this $16 case from Amazon. It's so small it easily fits in a backpack. But if you need more protection and waterproof you can also buy an Apache 2800 (from Harbor Freight Tools) for $22 and the innards from the amazon case fits perfectly in the Apache hard case and leaves enough space for everything else you need... plus a sandwich for lunch :). The 2800 is also just small enough that I can get it in my backpack if I don't want to carry it with the handle.

View attachment 110093

Since posting the above reply I have exchanged my Apache 2800 for a 3800, the next size up. Since getting the 2800 I have acquired a Mavic 2 Pro. And while I have a perfectly acceptable semi-rigid case I wanted something more gorilla-proof. Also, the 3800, with a little project foam which I'll get soon, will allow me to pack the two birds in one case so I could take them both on vacation, and in the event when flying the case is commandeered to go in baggage I'll breathe a little easier.

The 3800 can accomodate the foam cutout "tray" from my Dacckit case almost perfectly with a little room around one side to slip ND filters or somthing else in that space. But I can use the Mini's try and then do a foam custom cut to accomodate my M2 at the same time. It cost me only $7 more to move to the bigger case. Because of the defective cutout on the Dacckit and the allowance Amazon provided I have both cases for a total of $49, about the same price as a single hard dedicated case... and a ton of flexibility.

ApacheCase_3800.jpg

I have the Flymore case for the MM and the M2. In the case of the M2, I always remove the props as I've been concerned about the props eventually warping.

In the case of the MM, if you have the rear props facing each other and same for the front props, there's no pressure on them so they should not warp. The bars hold down the AC frame, leaving clearance for the props. The case even has a sketch of how they should be folded in the case.

Reactions: Beet
I went ahead and spent the money to get a case by MC Cases. It's very pricey ($99 Amazon) but it's very well made and the foam cutouts are well done. And I really got it for it's 2 level setup. It's large enough so that I can carry my MavMount and iPad in bottom along with everything else. If necessary I can take out the bottom foam and put the prop guards in there. IMG_1254.jpgIMG_1255.jpgIMG_1257.jpg

I use a velcro 'wrap around' on my mini and it just fits in my thinktank bag with the Z6 nicely. The velcro protects the props too, until i got this i was worried every time i pulled it out, as they want to catch all the time. The remote is so small it just fits in another compartment. Not carrying any extra batteries as of yet though... as i have none.

Here’s one that came in a combo bundle from Adorama. It says “Designed for DJI Mavic Mini,” but I’m not sure if it is a DJI product. It also has a strap.

F675711C-305C-411F-8FD4-15B62A0BF300.jpeg

Odd question - does anyone know if there are any ways / cases that I can carry my mini already assembled? I

Great that you Lol but have you got any useful advice or not, Reef?
We want to apologies for Reef attitude. I am pretty sure will be ban very soon.

Hello.
I am still lugging the mini around in it's cardboard box that it came in....what is the best carrying case / similar to transport it?
I bought a set of prop guards and just leave them on all the time. So far I have not really needed the extra air time obtained with an unprotected drone.
And the guards make it real easy to carry..

Reactions: Buel
I personally carry my drones in a Canon camera bag. For me is the best since i can arrange the divisions as needed.

Odd question - does anyone know if there are any ways / cases that I can carry my mini already assembled? I

There's even this one that also accommodates installed propeller guards. Reviews - hmmm.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121