DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beta Testers

O.K. ill bite- What exactly are you trying to say?
Mavic 3 WAS the replacement for Mavic 2 PRO. Just to be replaced with a MAVIC 3 PRO. We were used to work out the bugs just to come out with a PRO version for the SAME price that was paid for the Mavic 3 (Originally). I think they should offer up some type of trade up program. Especially the way the economy is right now (In the USA).

The mavic 3 models you describe are pretty much different drones.
The Mavic 3 PRO isn't replacing anything its the same drone with different options. You do realize that there are many different Models of the Mavic 3, This is done to make the drone affordable I would go to the D.J.I website and compare the features of each. rest assured you are not a beta tester

The mavic 3 models you describe are pretty much different drones.
The Mavic 3 PRO isn't replacing anything its the same drone with different options. You do realize that there are many different Models of the Mavic 3, This is done to make the drone affordable I would go to the D.J.I website and compare the features of each. rest assured you are not a beta tester
So, if the Mavic 3 Pro isn't replacing anything, why isn't the Mavic 3 available to purchase from DJI?

Reactions: Torque and ssvdh66
Mostly because sales of the original Mavic 3 have taken a nosedive since the introduction of the other models Not to say you can't still buy them though, I see a few on CAMRISE ( D.J.I. New York) . The original we be accessible for some time to come via refurbished but honestly it won't sell that well when you look at the features of the other models.

Mavic 3 WAS the replacement for Mavic 2 PRO. Just to be replaced with a MAVIC 3 PRO. We were used to work out the bugs just to come out with a PRO version for the SAME price that was paid for the Mavic 3 (Originally). I think they should offer up some type of trade up program. Especially the way the economy is right now (In the USA).
I feel you and I would be mad at DJI if I was a recent owner of the original Mavic 3.

I feel you and I would be mad at DJI if I was a recent owner of the original Mavic 3.
There are many recently purchased Mavic 3 units that are still on pre RID FW, which is a major advantage until September 16th for the owners, as long as they don't update. All Mavic 3 Pro units sold are required to broadcast RID immediately upon sale. So, there is that, for some recent Mavic 3 owners. Not everyone wants to broadcast their exact location every time they fly!

Reactions: Starz
Slightly bummed as well. I purchased back in December.
Now for the same money I could have also had the Pro controller for the same money as i spent on the M3 + RC.
eh well. whatchu gonna do.

Reactions: Torque and ssvdh66
Slightly bummed as well. I purchased back in December.
Now for the same money I could have also had the Pro controller for the same money as i spent on the M3 + RC.
eh well. whatchu gonna do.
Strangely, Mavic 3 Classic buyers were happy even after discovering they could have bought a DJI Refurbished Mavic 3 for $50 less than the cost of the new Mavic 3 Classic. Some apparently like paying more for less!

There were several reasons for some to upgrade from the Mavic2 Pro to the Mavic3.
The battery life(and the range)was the goal for me. The difference on the new M3 Pro camera is not enough to get my wallet out again. DJI has learned how to open wallets by building new product line and will continue to do so until the wallets stop opening.

Reactions: Torque
Mostly because sales of the original Mavic 3 have taken a nosedive since the introduction of the other models Not to say you can't still buy them though, I see a few on CAMRISE ( D.J.I. New York) . The original we be accessible for some time to come via refurbished but honestly it won't sell that well when you look at the features of the other models.
Thank you for making my point. The Mavic 3 has been for sale through DJI until the announcement of the Mavic 3 PRO. We were paying to beta test the Mavic 3 to work out the bugs and test out firmware all for the Mavic 3 Pro. Better controller, better camera, better FW, Bugs worked out, and same amount of money that was originally paid for the Mavic 3.

Reactions: Torque
Thank you for making my point. The Mavic 3 has been for sale through DJI until the announcement of the Mavic 3 PRO. We were paying to beta test the Mavic 3 to work out the bugs and test out firmware all for the Mavic 3 Pro. Better controller, better camera, better FW, Bugs worked out, and same amount of money that was originally paid for the Mavic 3.
That's how technology works.
Products get improved and manufacturers release updated and better products.
In electronics, prices come down over time.

DJI has extensive beta testing before releasing their drones.
You weren't a beta tester, but you've had the use of a very good drone, the best consumer drone available at the time.
It's still a very good drone and just as good as it was a year ago.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inecho