Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PANOVOLO for macOS (beta) is now available

PanoVolo

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.panovolo.com
Is it always going to be DNG only , no Jpegs ?
It worked on the newest Mac but comes up a Black Screen, you have to than go to the menu to get it to show up.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Panovolo - the tool for drone panorama image stitching - has launched a public beta for macOS. Both Apple Silicon and Intel Core processors are supported. You can download the DMG and request a 30-day trial license key at Get PANOVOLO - PANOVOLO : Panorama Stitching Tool for Drone Photography.

Please send us feedback and request new features by email: [email protected]

Happy and safe flying to you all.
You might want to mention that the Mac version of PANOVOLO requires MacOS 14 (Sonoma). I downloaded it and it would not install on my 2015 Mac running Monterrey, which didn't completely surprise me. However, when I tried to install it on a brand new Macbook 2023 running Ventura, it also would not install, giving a message that it would not run on that version of MacOS either. This requirement will leave out the vast majority of Mac users who usually wait a while before upgrading.

You might want to mention that the Mac version of PANOVOLO requires MacOS 14 (Sonoma). I downloaded it and it would not install on my 2015 Mac running Monterrey, which didn't completely surprise me. However, when I tried to install it on a brand new Macbook 2023 running Ventura, it also would not install, giving a message that it would not run on that version of MacOS either. This requirement will leave out the vast majority of Mac users who usually wait a while before upgrading.
thank you I will double check what's going on. May be a compilation issue. The intent is to run on 12.

Reactions: rickmurray1989
Is it always going to be DNG only , no Jpegs ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.
No you have a choice to use either JPEGs or DNGs

If you stitch from JPEGs, the output is JPEG.
If you stitch from DNGs the output is 16-bit TIFF.

We have a short guide on this subject:

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
thank you I will double check what's going on. May be a compilation issue. The intent is to run on 12.
I appreciate it. All of my Macs have more than enough horsepower to run it, and I hate to upgrade my new Macbook just to try it. You never know what a new OS update might break... :)

Reactions: TheRock
NIce I see the screen to choose from , you might want to get some writing on the Black Screen that comes up as it decieving .

CleanShot 2023-11-03 at 11.17.58@2x.jpg

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water,

I used to develop software, and I fully understand making sure that the program is compiled to the correct operating system level. I had that happen a time or two to me as well.

Reactions: TheRock
I used to develop software, and I fully understand making sure that the program is compiled to the correct operating system level. I had that happen a time or two to me as well.
thanks, yes we are also pretty new to mac development, mistakes were made

Not to bad, no messing around , just draged picutes in and beautiful rendtion.
DId we only get the Trial License Key ?

CleanShot 2023-11-03 at 11.38.51@2x.jpg

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. < Land on the Water.

• Wow
Reactions: Cafguy
no - if you ready to purchase please do, the key is permanent and wont' change when the production version is released.

Also, if this is a complete photosphere - 360x180, don't use autocrop. Otherwise you won't get a proper blending of the complete sphere.

Beautiful image, thanks for trying.

I appreciate it. All of my Macs have more than enough horsepower to run it, and I hate to upgrade my new Macbook just to try it. You never know what a new OS update might break... :)

Alright, everything was rebuilt with the min deploy version 12.0, a new DMG uploaded and a valuable lesson learned. Thank you for pointing this problem out.

Reactions: rickmurray1989
black screen? as in a black window? this is fine, go to File/Select directory and select a directory with your panorama files. It should stitch. I will make this first window not-blank as suggested above.

The Monterey is on Intel Mac? Send me the full log to [email protected] please.

and the new dmg just uploaded. Hopefully fixes the Intel Mac compatibility problem and the main window is no longer just black, many thanks to @rickmurray1989 and @Phantomrain.org for helping with testing and feedback.

How does PANOVOLO fare compared to PTGUI?
I asked for the trial version key and 8 hours later nothing. I tried it with all the watermarks but it is hard to see detail with that stuff all over the image.

I asked for the trial version key and 8 hours later nothing. I tried it with all the watermarks but it is hard to see detail with that stuff all over the image.
Hi TheRock, if you have not received your key yet, please email [email protected] and we will send you one. Sorry about the delay, the trial keys are issued with the manual check and I want to sleep some time too

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope