DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beware....Another email scam alert looking for me to do a job

Drone4

Reactions
Just got an email through Pilots Central from a guy wanting me to do a job and asking where I'm located.
And if I will take his credit card for payment.
Chris Jules [email protected]

When I googled it, someone already posted on another site he's trying to get them for a drone job.

BEWARE

Just got an email through Pilots Central from a guy wanting me to do a job and asking where I'm located.
And if I will take his credit card for payment.
Chris Jules [email protected]

When I googled it, someone already posted on another site he's trying to get them for a drone job.

BEWARE

May be the same discussion?

CHECK THIS THREAD OUT....

Sounds familiar.

Another scam targeting photographers who have websites is an email via their contact page from their site.

It says that they found copyrighted images of their on your site, and that they plan on suing if they aren't taken down. They then list a link to see what they mean. It's an auto-download link, and likely contains some sort of virus. And they seem to always have the first and last name in the contact form the same name, yet say they are someone else in the body of the email.

Here is a sample email text. It will come from different email addresses, but always follow the same format. I've obviously changed the link so no one will follow it.

Contact Us
First Name
Beard
Last Name
Beard
Email
[email protected]
Phone

My name is Nicole.

Your website or a website that your company hosts is infringing on a copyright-protected images owned by myself.

Take a look at this doc with the links to my images you utilized at www.mossphotography.biz and my previous publication to obtain the evidence of my copyrights.

Download it now and check this out for yourself:

https://xxxxxxxxxxx.googleapis.com/v3769738868314150

I believe that you deliberately violated my legal rights under 17 USC Section 101 et seq. and could possibly be liable for statutory damage of up to $140,000 as set-forth in Sec. 504 (c)(2) of the Digital millennium copyright act (”DMCA”) therein.

This letter is official notification. I demand the removal of the infringing materials described above. Please take note as a service provider, the Dmca requires you, to eliminate and/or deactivate access to the copyrighted materials upon receipt of this notification letter. If you don't stop the utilization of the aforementioned copyrighted content a lawsuit will likely be started against you.

I do have a good self-belief that utilization of the copyrighted materials described above as presumably infringing is not authorized by the copyright proprietor, its agent, or the law.

I declare, under consequence of perjury, that the information in this notification is accurate and that I am currently the copyright proprietor or am permitted to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive and legal right that is allegedly infringed.

Best regards,
Nicole Beard

06/15/2021

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member