DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beware Fake eBay Mavic Pro low-noise blades

SteveNunez

Reactions
Hey guys- just a heads up on the low-noise 2017 blades appearing on ebay- avoid like the plague!!!!!

I ordered a set and when they arrived they were cheap copies of the STANDARD blades with gold stripes painted on the tips to mimic the new blades. I've contacted ebay as the ad clearly stated new low noise DJI 2017 blades and shows pictures of the new blade designs........but my set was not like the photo at all. Now it will cost me just about the same as the purchase price to send back to China making this purchase a complete loss......not to mention the wait on the response and resolving..............just avoid ebay blades- total waste!!

Reactions: Former Member
Being that DJI is a Chinese company I thought perhaps some were available via private sellers before mass distribution..........sarcasm not appreciated.

The wording of those sellers says effectively "compatible" not DJI originals.
They might be OK - genuine aren't expensive and now they are widely available from dealers too.

Lots of Chinese companies are copying Apple products because apple products are manufactured in china, but the products them selves are not official apple, based on tear down comparison.

I received an response from DJI's the prop manufacturer in china a month ago and they told me to wait and buy the props when available off of the DJI web site. They did not tell me if the other props being sold on eBay and else were at the time were knock offs or factory rejects, which could be either. I did post the information on the forum at the time.

People are being sarcastic because they're not at all surprised. I'm sure that I'm not the only person emitting half a chuckle about the subject line of the post.

I'm not laughing at you, but c'mon, what did you expect? Always buy from an authorized dealer. Always.

Reactions: The Fat Controller
Due you think the wait would be just as long for the "Fake props" vs real one's.?....Just saying

I will wait on DJI to send mind ( someday in 2018 ) I have been on back order for 6wks thus far

Same here in the u.k, dji trusted dealer. They look good, yet to try.

Buyer beware, even in a DJI (Authorized Reseller) shop. I paid $29 for two pair of DJI Low-Noise Propellers from a DJI shop in Thailand. The tips are silver. I ordered two pairs of Low-Noise Propellers online (copies obviously) for $12. The tips are gold.

Buyer beware, even in a DJI (Authorized Reseller) shop. I paid $29 for two pair of DJI Low-Noise Propellers from a DJI shop in Thailand. The tips are silver. I ordered two pairs of Low-Noise Propellers online (copies obviously) for $12. The tips are gold.

I'm pretty sure the real thing DJI Originals come in both colors.
Silver for the Platinum Pro
Gold matches the mavic pro striping
Both exactly the same problem with different color tips.

Last edited:
Hey guys- just a heads up on the low-noise 2017 blades appearing on ebay- avoid like the plague!!!!!

I ordered a set and when they arrived they were cheap copies of the STANDARD blades with gold stripes painted on the tips to mimic the new blades. I've contacted ebay as the ad clearly stated new low noise DJI 2017 blades and shows pictures of the new blade designs........but my set was not like the photo at all. Now it will cost me just about the same as the purchase price to send back to China making this purchase a complete loss......not to mention the wait on the response and resolving..............just avoid ebay blades- total waste!!
Can you please link the listing?

Being that DJI is a Chinese company I thought perhaps some were available via private sellers before mass distribution..........sarcasm not appreciated.

It’s common for people to think that because a name brand product is made in China, that the knockoffs coming from China will be ok. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Even when the knock-offs are made at the same plant as the real product, the parts are often lower grade, and more importantly, the QUALITY CONTROL effort is dramatically reduced to save money.

Reactions: flight_tee

i have been known to supply ebay with a recent tracking number totally unrelated to my purchase return. Fck dodgy sellers that play the ebay system knowing that its not worth returning the dishonest product.

This thread caused me to go with DJI even though $30.00, $10.00 of which was for shipping, just seems way too much. Just like in other threads I've posted about this, at least I have peace of mind.

good ole ebay strikes again,

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin