Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beware of potential charges when using DJI Refresh in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteCee

Reactions
Hi all,

I recently had items sent from DJI which was paid for in full including taxes.

It appears when the item is delivered the delivery service requests payment before they can release.

My recent was £38 on top of what I already paid in full so if DJI send anything back I believe you will have additional fees to pay before receiving in the UK. This should be taken into account when using the DJI Refresh. Confirming with DJI first would be the best bet.

As discussed in depth in your similar thread here; UK postal charges - this shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone now we are no longer in the EU.

There are or were at least 3 threads concerning this, is it possible for them to be merged under a common title such as "care refresh, UK import duties and COD delivery charges" or some such coverall title? I fear that quite a few are going to be caught out by this and then not use the forum's search function and post recurring threads.
I think a merged thread would be more useful to 'the readers' than 3, or more, independent threads.

&

Whilst I think people have no comeback to HMRC about straight forward purchases from mainland Europe I do think the levying of duty on 'repaired' equipment being sent from the EU should be queried with HMRC. BUT I would suggest that any query be accompanied with a 'paper' trail that proves it is a 'repaired' item.
Where something is a replacement, sent to the user WITHOUT the original & defective item being sent to DJI, I can see the situation might be more difficult to categorise.

Last edited by a moderator:
this thread is locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan