DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ADHD Fishing

Reactions
I don't like that this is my 1st thread here, but I felt like I needed to warn others about what I am going through.

I ordered a Mavic Pro from Walmart.com on the 23rd because Ebates had 10% cash back at Walmart.com and they offer free 2 day shipping.

If it wasnt for the 100 bucks cash back, I would have just purchased one from Best Buy Brick & Mortar when the time was right.

Anyway, to make a long story as short as possible, my walmart.com order was supposed to be delivered 2 days ago, but there system says my order is still "processing".

Customer service has been nothing short of horrible as they promised that the order would ship yesterday and arrive by July 1st. Unfortunately, order still says processing and I have received no shipment notification.

One customer service rep even told me that I would need to cancel my order, since there was "no movement on it" and await notification, via email, on options of how to recoup the 1060 dollars in cash I paid in store for the order.

The website, and customer service claim the item is in stock. They promise 2 day delivery, but seemingly cannot fufill the order or do anything even remotely close to what a below average customer service team should be capable of in regards to fixing this issue.

I went against my gut feelings and tried to save 100 bucks. Just hope none of you make the same mistake.

I will update this thread when/if the problem is resolved.

"Hold on"...you went into Walmart and paid over $1k cash (not credit card) for an item (i.e. Mavic) and walked out with nothing. Please excuse my ignorance, but you didn't see anything wrong with that?

You got a receipt YES?
Then go back to that store and DEMAND your money back!!!

Walked out of the worlds largest retailer with a receipt and an order number that said "paid". It's not like I found a guy on craigslist who asked if he could drop by my house in a few days after we met in an alleyway.

I do, however, understand your point.

Also, it is called "cash in store payment" but I paid by check which is eft drafted at the store. Dont know if that will help me in the long run or not.

I order a ton of crap online and NEVER in my life have I heard of a "cash in store payment" option. For future reference always try to avoid paying for items such as this with cash/check. Credit cards protect the consumer. Secondly, you did NOT save any money. You can buy the Mavic via the DJI Store for $999 no tax and free shipping.

Reactions: Kilrah
I order a ton of crap online and NEVER in my life have I heard of a "cash in store payment" option. For future reference always try to avoid paying for items such as this with cash/check. Credit cards protect the consumer. Secondly, you did NOT save any money. You can buy the Mavic via the DJI Store for $999 no tax and free shipping.
Hey Anthony, I appreciate your feedback, and Im not happy about the situation I put myself in. That said, the reason I made this thread was not so much to discuss my problem but to warn others who are considering purchasing a Mavic from Walmart. They are "in stock" but they are not being shipped.

The reason people may be considering ordering from them is because Ebates.com has 10% cash back for all walmart purchases through today. If you are unfamiliar with ebates, they are legit.

Ebates would have sent me a 100 dollar check for my Mavic purchase in a few weeks.

Well I just found the "cash in store payment" option on the Walmart.Com site. Man, that option offers no protection what so ever for the consumer. Who's to say that you (the consumer) never actually received the item.

Hey Anthony, I appreciate your feedback, and Im not happy about the situation I put myself in. That said, the reason I made this thread was not so much to discuss my problem but to warn others who are considering purchasing a Mavic from Walmart. They are "in stock" but they are not being shipped.

The reason people may be considering ordering from them is because Ebates.com has 10% cash back for all walmart purchases through today. If you are unfamiliar with ebates, they are legit.

Ebates would have sent me a 100 dollar check for my Mavic purchase in a few weeks.
Sorry for the situation that you're in. Hopefully it gets resolved quickly

Hopefully not like WallyWorld sent the mavic :)
;)

Reactions: ADHD Fishing
Nowadays, you can just go to Sams Club and Costco and purchase one for lass than $999. Plus they have gave them onsite!

Always bothered me when someone would start a thread, in this case warning people of something but never offering the solution when they found it.

Let me conclude this thread for the lazy OP, he got back the cash he spent at the store he paid the cash to. They called Walmart.con to verify that the order was indeed cancelled and gave him cash back since that was the method of payment. People thinking you could loose your money paying Cash In Store probably have a hard time with Life period...

Your welcome OP...

Always bothered me when someone would start a thread, in this case warning people of something but never offering the solution when they found it.

Let me conclude this thread for the lazy OP, he got back the cash he spent at the store he paid the cash to. They called Walmart.con to verify that the order was indeed cancelled and gave him cash back since that was the method of payment. People thinking you could loose your money paying Cash In Store probably have a hard time with Life period...

Your welcome OP...
Wow, you really told him! 17 months later. What''s wrong? Did your blue vest not fit?

Reactions: Mr. Salty

Your welcome OP...

Wow, that’s a heckuva first post.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98