DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bhutan

Bhutan?
Though a beautiful country,
Last heard was drone was totally prohibited from flying by tourist.

U might wanna check carefully [emoji1360]
Good luck.

Edited: here u go

“In Bhutan, all drones must be approved before operation at the Bhutan Civil Aviation Authority (BCAA) at Paro International Airport. However, the approval is granted only to governmental organizations. Thus it is not allowed to operate drones as a traveller. If you can somehow get the permission, the following rules apply.”

Source:Drone rules and laws in Bhutan - current information and experiences

Last heard was drone was totally prohibited from flying by tourist.

Indeed that looks like the case . . . other links from comments in that blog above . . .

It looks like the official GOVCO site isn't working, at least not when I just checked . . .

It is a shame not to be able to capture aerial footage there by drone, and (as in one of the comments there) it is also a good thing in other ways.

We went there for a quick 10 day side trip when in the region in 2012.
It was / is a magical place for sure, where not many westerners had ventured at that time.
Unique in that you pay US$200 a day (at that time) and it included all transport, accommodation, a guide, and any entry fees to places.

This was the same if your were on a cultural tour staying in hotels, or walking / camping the Himalaya ranges foothills.

Enjoy your trip though, it's different, and everyone is happy as decreed by the King !!

Indeed that looks like the case . . . other links from comments in that blog above . . .

It looks like the official GOVCO site isn't working, at least not when I just checked . . .

It is a shame not to be able to capture aerial footage there by drone, and (as in one of the comments there) it is also a good thing in other ways.

Enjoy your trip though, it's different, and everyone is happy as decreed by the King !!

Right pal!
Bhutan is rated the happiest place in the world for many years by reputable magazine and surveys.

It a a very religious place, buddhism is the main religion. The buddhist teaching of contentment is widely spread there. Be happy with what they have.

In my opinion, I guess thats one of the reason technologies is not really common there.
Quite sure drone flying is avoid the ‘disturbance of peace’ for the local there, as such is forbidden.

Right pal!
Bhutan is rated the happiest place in the world for many years by reputable magazine and surveys.

It a a very religious place, buddhism is the main religion. The buddhist teaching of contentment is widely spread there. Be happy with what they have.

In my opinion, I guess thats one of the reason technologies is not really common there.
Quite sure drone flying is avoid the ‘disturbance of peace’ for the local there, as such is forbidden.

I really enjoyed the time there, would go back anytime for another visit.
The monasteries and temples, in various states of use / condition, the walks, people, the roads and traffic compared to Western nations (away from Thimphu / Paro), there is a lot of wilderness and simple life away from the main cities.

Technology is catching on fast, saw lots of mobiles there, imagine most in larger city / towns would own them now.
Even comms in the region are better than outback Australia, they have reception in Himalaya regions, way out, but can't see towers.
Porters had phones in Nepal, way up on the Nepal / Tibet / Sikkim border region, and always on them after a days trekking.

Reactions: Air_Joe
Noticed the links above were from 2017.
Below are 2 links that may be helpful.
And this one from the Bhutan Civil Aviation Authority:

Doesn't seem to be much more info as far as links go . . . probably the lack of concern about keeping up with technology.

The UAV coach one is basically same 'banned' info (funny how they include a clip of someone flying a drone there).
I actually recognise the Punakha Valley, the incredible Punakha Dzong (temple) is nearby !!

The govco one all I get is . . .

Untitled.jpg

Reactions: Air_Joe
Doesn't seem to be much more info as far as links go . . . probably the lack of concern about keeping up with technology.

The UAV coach one is basically same 'banned' info (funny how they include a clip of someone flying a drone there).
I actually recognise the Punakha Valley, the incredible Punakha Dzong (temple) is nearby !!

The govco one all I get is . . .

View attachment 74734
The second link should give you this webpage. Just checked it,
0D7B2853-C452-4231-B4F1-12FC80825269.pngE053D269-2382-4DCC-BDBD-A609318FFD5F.png4DC2EDE3-47BA-4010-B3D2-EA668D22643A.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midlifecrisis77