Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Copenhagen, Denmark & Tromso, Norway advice

anotherEd

Reactions
Site
flickr.com
hello all and happy holidays!

will be going to Copenhagen, Denmark and Tromso, Norway next week and am looking for tips/advice on flying. for the most part I've come across the standard height limits, NFZs, VLOS but I do come across occasionally whether I need some sort of "permit" if within urban areas.

I am bringing "Woodstock" a DJI Mini2, so weight will not be an issue.

appreciate any thoughts or experiences you care to share...

Two points,
a) the drone & controller will switch to CE radio mode when in Europe and it may have linited range when compared to the current range you now experience in FAA mode. This shouldn't be a bother to you if you aren't a BVLOS flyer.
b) If your firmware is up to date, you may get hit by the 120m hard firmware ceiling after 31/12/2023, I think I have seen mention that the Mini 2 is one of the affected models but I would be pleased to be wrong,
When back is the USA the drone should revert to FAA mode and 500m.

In Tromsø the whole city is a no-fly zone because it is close to the airport. The map shows where you are not allowed to fly. The police are strict, and several tourists have had their drone confiscated and must pay around USD 1000,- for flying within the NFZ. There has even been talk about sending offenders out of the country.
Outside this NFZ you can fly as long as you follow the EASA rules relevant for your drone.

NFZ_tromso.jpg

Reactions: JimSteadman
Two points,
a) the drone & controller will switch to CE radio mode when in Europe and it may have linited range when compared to the current range you now experience in FAA mode. This shouldn't be a bother to you if you aren't a BVLOS flyer.
b) If your firmware is up to date, you may get hit by the 120m hard firmware ceiling after 31/12/2023, I think I have seen mention that the Mini 2 is one of the affected models but I would be pleased to be wrong,
When back is the USA the drone should revert to FAA mode and 500m.
thanks and appreciate your insights…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas