DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BIRD ATTACKS!

Either works since birds cannot fly straight up or straight down.

Reactions: Rbruz
I dodge eagle , hawks, ospreys, galahs here in Australia by ascended quickly. Flying away 800m, then descend while flying back to home at the same time.
Yeah I definitely think ascension is the best option when faced with this scary situation

Reactions: SmileyGC
I messaged a bird of prey reserve last week to ask how likely it is a Buzzard would attack a drone. They said it's very unlikely they would see it as prey. But not unheard of.

That sounds like a line out of Titan fall? [emoji2]
Maybe PulpFiction?
I sent a Mavic up to scare a Hawk that was picking off my chickens. The silly sausage decided to attack it so I fought back and beat him off. It was either invest in chooks for my food or let some bludging parrot take advantage of me.

Reactions: mavic6611
Maybe PulpFiction?
I sent a Mavic up to scare a Hawk that was picking off my chickens. The silly sausage decided to attack it so I fought back and beat him off. It was either invest in chooks for my food or let some bludging parrot take advantage of me.

Hawks are wimps. I saw a bunny successfully fight one off.

Anyway, yes ascend straight up.

These stickers may also help.

maxresdefault.jpg

Don't back down with aggressive birds, if they want to have a go, establish your dominance and see how good the macro mode is on your mavic.,
I think the best form of defence is probably fast ascension and then escape. Those Buzzards are big birds. It would be like a 5 year old trying to have a scrap with Mike Tyson

Ascend. The Mavic climbs faster than descends. The birds will have to circle to gain altitude and continue their pursuit. That should give you time to get some distance and cause them to lose interest.

Sometimes you have to fight the urge to land to save your craft when chased.

Reactions: Terry Davis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes